National Night Out

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008

      National Night Out

      National Night Out (NNO) is an annual event, sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch, that takes place on the first Tuesday in August. Each year, the Metropolitan Police Department actively participates in National Night Out by rallying community members throughout the District of Columbia to join with neighbors and police officers in their PSAs to be a part of this annual event.

      The National Night Out campaign involves citizens, law enforcement agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials from 9,500 communities from all 50 states, US territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide.

      National Night Out is designed to:

      • Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
      • Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs;
      • Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
      • Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.

      If you want to get involved in future NNO activites in your community, please contact your local police district, or call Kevin Palmer at (202) 727-4731.

      National Night Out 2008 Activities

      • National Kickoff Pre-Event Media Day (8/4/08, 10 am)
        Location: National Mall at 4th Street

        A consortium of regional and federal law enforcement agencies will hold a brief media availability to highlight the plans and activities for the main kickoff event the following day.
      • National Night Off Kickoff Activities (8/5/08, 4-8 pm)
        Location: National Mall at 4th Street
        Join area police and public safety agencies, neighbors, and friends as we celebrate NNO's 25 years of successful partnerships. Entertainment, activities for children, fingerprinting, games, military and police equipment, and live concert featuring headline acts.
      • Download Event Fliers

      Fifth District

      Ft. Lincoln Recreation Center
      3100 Ft. Lincoln Drive, NE

      5-9 pm

      Celebrate NNO with the Fifth District
      Join us for food, fun, and information on neighborhood watch/orange hat programs and safety workshops within our police/community partnerships.  Let our partnerships send the message - our neighborhoods are organized and willing to support local anticrime programs.

      In addition, you may "get on the Bus" with Councilmember Thomas and 5D Command Staff as a Delegate from our Ward Five/District Five community to represent us at the Regional event on the Mall.

      Fayette Vaughn-Lee
      (202) 698-0188

      National Night Out Successes

    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 31 9:17 PM

        PSA 504 NATIONAL NIGHT OUT COMMUNITY WALK

        DATE: August 3, 2010; TIME: 7:00 -8:30

        LOCATION: Trinidad Recreation Center (corner of Holbrook and Childress Streets, NE)

        NATIONAL NIGHT OUT IS THE ONE TIME DURING THE YEAR WHERE EVERY RESIDENT IN THE COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO FEEL SAFE IN THEIR COMMUNITY

        COME OUT AND HELP MAKE YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD SAFER

        THE WALK WILL FOLLOW THE NATIONAL NIGHT OUT KICK-OFF AT TRINIDAD RECREATION CENTER AT 5:00 PM

        WE WILL ASSEMBLE ON THE CORNER AT 8:00 P.M. AND BEGIN OUR SAFETY WALK

        CONTACT: KATHY HENDERSON (202) 397-2777

      • John Ayala
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 2, 2011
          The Washington DC Guardian Angels would like to wish you all a safe and fun National Night Out.  We will be all over the city this evening and look forward to seeing you all.

          Today's Washington Post check it out
          guardianangels.org
          ‎(Astrid Riecken/FOR THE WASHINGTON POST) – Guardian Angels, some of them on bikes, are a volunteer law enforcement group that helps D.C. Police to keep order on 18th Street in Adams Morgan by stopping night drifters from jay walking, breaking up fights and patrolling alleys in Adams Morgan.

          John "Unique King" Ayala
          DC Chapter Leader/East Coast Director

          Alliance Of Guardian Angels/DC Chapter
          1425 K Street, NW Suite 350
          Washington, DC 20005
          202-359-0601

          Help us by Donating

          http://guardianangels.org/chapters/dc/wish-list/

        • Timothy Clark
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 2, 2011
            Hats off to MPD, 5DCAC, Bates Area Civic Association, Hanover Civic Association, Commissioner Pinkney, Commissioner Thomas, Giovani, Tony Lewis, jr., and everyone else that helped make tonights event a success. This event was great for the neighboring communities and Ward 5 as a whole. The bike MBT ride, zumba dancers and other activities where a ton of fun!

            I'm looking forward to next years event!

            Tim Clark
            Commissioner, 5C05
            Chair, ANC5C Finance & Grant Committee
            Chair, ANC5C Smart Growth & Sustainability Committee
            5c05@...
            http://anc5c05.blogspot.com
            Second V.P., Edgewood Civic Association
            www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org

          • Thomas, Bradley (ANC 5C01)
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 4, 2011
              Thanks Tim.

              “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
              Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
              For more information visit www.onecitysummer.dc.gov or call 311

              5c05@...<mailto:5c05@...>
              http://anc5c05.blogspot.com
              Second V.P., Edgewood Civic Association
              www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org<http://www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org>
            • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 20 2:24 PM

              5D Community,

              The countdown begins: National Night Out 2015

              14  days  and 12 hours

              If you have not already done so Mark your Calendars for Tuesday August 4, 2015

              NNO in your Community come get FRESH with 5D

              http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/national-night-out-calendar-activities

            • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
              Message 7 of 11 , Jul 28 3:17 PM

              5D Community,

              We are making big plans for you.  Clear your evening calendar, bring your children, and ask your Neighbors to join you in Celebrating National Night Out with MPD and 5DCAC at Starburst Plaza.  Food and Fun-don’t missed this one.

              GET F.R.E.S.H.

              The Time to Celebrate

              Tuesday, August 4, 2015

              Starburst Plaza

              Bladensburg Road NE @ Benning Road NE and Maryland Ave. NE

              6pm-9pm

              Let our partnerships send the message:

              our neighborhoods are organized and

                                    We support local anticrime programs

            • Debbie Steiner
              Message 8 of 11 , Aug 2, 2016
                As an ANC in Ward 5, business owner, and lifelong resident, I must commend Fayette Vaughn-Lee for her leadership and the exceptional job she did at the Brentwood Shopping Center.

                As Brentwood Shopping Center was the gracious host of this year's NNO event, it was filled with great entertainment; reconnection of old friends and making new ones.

                The owner representative from the shopping center was ecstatic to see the Mayor's office there from the beginning to end; our City Administrator showering the crowd with his authenticity; Councilmember McDuffie gave very warm remarks; vendors galore and the entertainment was awesome.

                Several people had inquired about Chief Lanier's presence since she always attends; but she sent a Ward 5 friend - Chief Green.

                Too all who were there,  Michael Meers from Mid City Financial thanks you and so do I !!

                See you next year

                This transmission contains information from Debbie Steiner which may be confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the planned recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately

              • Fitzgerald, William (MPD)
                Message 9 of 11 , Aug 2, 2016
                  Great job Fayette! Thank you!

                  Message 10 of 11 , Aug 4, 2016
                    As a new member of the Ward 5 community, I need to second that praise of Fayette Vaughn-Lee for her support of the First Annual Villages of Dakota Crossing National Night Out celebration.

                    Our community was beyond delighted to connect with officers in a relaxed environment. My daughter is still speaking about officer “Peanut Butter and Jelly” PJ. Thank you for going the extra mile to come together with the community this week. The fire truck visit was a highlight of the evening for the children as well.

                    Our new community benefitted greatly from the visit from Councilman McDuffie and the honor of Chief Lanier joining our celebration of neighborhood camaraderie. Events like Tuesday night make Ward 5 a great place to live and work.

                    To all who participated-thank you!

                    Leslie Johnston
                    Villages of Dakota Crossing

                    On Aug 2, 2016, at 10:31 PM, 'Fitzgerald, William (MPD)' William.Fitzgerald@... [MPD-5D] <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote: