RE: [MPD-5D] Bothersome property on the 6ooth Block of Girard Street NE

  • thom suzette
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2008
      Good Afternoon Steve,

      Thank you so much for that useful information. I will be sure to utilize other resources in order to reduce and/or eliminate the headaches we have been forced to endure for sometime now.

      Peace and Blessings,
      Suzette

      "We must be the change we wish to see in the world" - M.K. Gandhi

      From: thom suzette <blessed20707@ yahoo.com>
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com, "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>, "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@ dc.gov>
      Cc: "Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <HThomas@DCCOUNCIL. US>, "Kimberly - Arlington VA - Contractor King" <kimberly.king@ usps.gov>, "Kathy Henderson" <khenderson029@ aol.com>, "Desiree Williams" <desireedw@hotmail. com>
      Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 1:06 PM

      Cathy Lanier

      From: Lanier, Cathy (MPD) <cathy.lanier@ dc.gov>
      To: blessed20707@ yahoo.com, MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com, "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
      Cc: "Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <HThomas@DCCOUNCIL. US>
      Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 12:54 PM

      Lamar, make sure that we hit these areas hard to address the problem.

      I, too feel your pain.

      Since all of the resources have been focused in the Trinidad area, as well as, the 21st and Maryland Ave. NE areas, the drug dealers have relocated between the alleys and streets of 17th and 18th Streets, NE.

      I purchased my home last summer and wanted to be part of the revitalization efforts in the city, however, I've spent the last 2 months, emailing, calling, attending meetings, marching and being stressed out!  My ANC reps, Kathy and India Henderson have contacted landlords and other officials. The drug activity and lewd behaviors cease for a couple of hours when the police "driveby", but then pick up in full force once the authorities leave.

      2 buildings in particular are at the forefront of these illegal and disturbing activities: 1000 and 1006 18th Street NE. In buildings 1000 and 1006, I've personally observed, no one coming or going to work, children out until 1 and 2:00am, drinking, daily trash on the sidewalk and the street.  Last night I woke up at 2:00am, to observe a male, female (underage) and a 2 year-old sitting in front of the building and eating carry-out. Needless to say, the containers were on the sidewalk as I swept up for the umpteenth time this summer.

      In building 1000, everyday, 7 days a week, without fail, children congregate in front of this building, sitting on the wall, drinking, eating, trashing and cursing. They even cursed out Ms. Henderson!  The media has reported that the summer jobs program was a bust and the kids didn't get paid. How about bringing them over to 18th Street ? There is plenty to clean up every morning.

      I have had it and am fed up! I'm tired of all the lip-service and inconsistencies within the 5th District!  If Commander Greene, his Lieutenants and those who have been charged with the task to keep us safe and clean up the streets are unable to get the job done, then we need to find someone who will!

      Enough is Enough!!

      Suzette Thom

      "We must be the change we wish to see in the world" - M.K. Gandhi

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 22, 2008
        The police was just out here at this property (640 Girard Street) again and as soon a the cars left the drugs dealers are back out here again

        From: MannyMann <decplatinum@ yahoo.com>
        To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
        Cc: "Harry (COUNCIL) Thomas" <hthomas@dccouncil. us>, "Cathy (MPD) Lanier" <cathy.lanier@ dc.gov>
        Date: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 9:37 PM