5D Community You are Invited to National Night Out

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2008

      National Night Out

      National Night Out (NNO) is an annual event, sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch, that takes place on the first Tuesday in August. Each year, the Metropolitan Police Department actively participates in National Night Out by rallying community members throughout the District of Columbia to join with neighbors and police officers in their PSAs to be a part of this annual event.

      Want to highlight your police/community partnership at Ft Lincoln or get on the bus contact Fayette Vaughn-Lee, (202) 497-0814 Officer MD McCray(202) 698-0188

      The National Night Out campaign involves citizens, law enforcement agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials from 9,500 communities from all 50 states, US territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide.

      National Night Out is designed to:

      • Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
      • Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs;
      • Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
      • Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.

      If you want to get involved in the  NNO activities in your community, please contact your local police district

      National Night Out 2008 Activities

      • National Night Off Kickoff Activities (8/5/08, 4-8 pm)
        Location: National Mall at 4th Street
        Join area police and public safety agencies, neighbors, and friends as we celebrate NNO's 25 years of successful partnerships. Entertainment, activities for children, fingerprinting, games, military and police equipment, and live concert featuring headline acts.
      • Fifth District      Ft. Lincoln Recreation Center 3100 Ft. Lincoln Drive, NE

      5-9 pm Celebrate NNO with the Fifth District

      Join us for food, fun, and information on neighborhood watch/orange hat programs and safety workshops within our police/community partnerships, fingerprinting and games for children.  Let our partnerships send the message - our neighborhoods are organized and willing to support local anticrime programs.

      In addition, you may "get on the Bus" with Councilmember Thomas and 5D Command Staff as a Delegate from our Ward Five/District Five community to represent us at the Regional event on the Mall.