Re: [MPD-5D] Re: 1000 Block of 18th Street and Maryland Ave

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 23, 2008
      I agree Suzette. The landlord is dismayed by this nonsense and is taking action to correct it ASAP. Chief Lanier is addressing the issue of positively engaging the wayward youth causing difficulty. Expect relief shortly.

      Regarding the PSA 504 meetings, we have definitely had better meetings; in fact, the meeting last month was well attended and the issues discussed were substantive. Assistant Chief Groomes and Commander Greene attended that meeting. Don't throw in the towel just yet; future meetings will be better facilitated and better attended.

      I am glad you chose to live in this community and welcome you as a valued neighbor and partner.  There was a time not too long ago when the 1000 block of 18th Street was the backdrop for drive by shootings during dinnertime and sidewalk memorials . This unforunate period was agressively replaced by repaired sidewalks, better lighting and vigourous cleaning, resulting in peace and quiet. We have come too far to turn back. Again, stay tuned; relief is on the way.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy