Re: [MPD-5D] Stealing flowers

  • Joseph Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2005
      We have been having a problem in Petworth around Grant
      Circle with plants being stolen from backyards, front
      porches, porch furniture disappearing and even the
      theft of a lawn mower from a backyard. I also learned
      that a local contractor who lives on Rock Creek Church
      Road NW had $10,000 worth of tools stolen from his
      truck which was broken into.

      I hope people report any and all of this activity to
      MPD. It will be a way to get more resources dedicated
      to this problem.

      Joseph Martin
      ANC 4C09 Commissioner
      202-309-1817 cell

      Moderator, 4D-Neighbors
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4D-Neighbors

      --- "White, Stephen L" <slwhite@...> wrote:

      > A few weeks ago, my fiancée and I saw the Orange
      > Hats working in that little park at Florida Ave & N
      > Capitol Street, cleaning up the trash and putting
      > some flower planters in. It looked beautiful, and we
      > remarked at what a nice thing it was they were
      > doing. Yesterday morning, we saw a woman picking the
      > flowers right out of the planters. Isn't this theft?
      > What can be done about this? For a half-second, I
      > thought about slowing my car down and yelling at
      > her. It's disheartening to see all of that trouble
      > go to waste because some people can't control
      > themselves. Should we have reported this to the
      > authorities?
      >

      > Thanks,
      >

      > Stephen
      >
      > Todd Pl NE