National Night Out

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 17, 2008

      In celebration of the 25th Anniversary

      National Night Out

      Celebrate NNO with the Fifth District, Join us for food, fun, and information on neighborhood watch/orange hat programs and safety workshops within our police/community partnerships.  Let our partnerships send the message - our neighborhoods are organized and willing to support local anticrime programs.

      The National Night Out Fifth District event will be held at the Ft. Lincoln Recreation Center on Tuesday August 5, 2008.  The festivities will begin at 5pm.  Police Service Areas 501 - 505 communities will highlight what is happening in their respective neighborhood to showcase our police-community partnerships.  Community Members, Civic Groups, Businesses, and Neighborhood Organizations are invited to spotlight their community involvement and neighborhood activities.  For example, your community can promote its Friday night neighborhood walks, your safety workshops, Light Up the Night activities, or you may want to highlight your Tuesday night orange hat patrols.  Our theme this year is "Building and sustaining safe neighborhoods through teamwork"

      In addition, you may "get on the Bus" with Councilmember Thomas and 5D Command Staff as a Delegate from our Ward Five/District Five community to represent us at the Regional event on the Mall.

    • mpd5d_coordinator
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2008

        National Night Out

        National Night Out (NNO) is an annual event, sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch, that takes place on the first Tuesday in August. Each year, the Metropolitan Police Department actively participates in National Night Out by rallying community members throughout the District of Columbia to join with neighbors and police officers in their PSAs to be a part of this annual event.

        The National Night Out campaign involves citizens, law enforcement agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials from 9,500 communities from all 50 states, US territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide.

        National Night Out is designed to:

        • Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
        • Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs;
        • Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
        • Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.

        If you want to get involved in future NNO activites in your community, please contact your local police district, or call Kevin Palmer at (202) 727-4731.

        National Night Out 2008 Activities

        • National Kickoff Pre-Event Media Day (8/4/08, 10 am)
          Location: National Mall at 4th Street

          A consortium of regional and federal law enforcement agencies will hold a brief media availability to highlight the plans and activities for the main kickoff event the following day.
        • National Night Off Kickoff Activities (8/5/08, 4-8 pm)
          Location: National Mall at 4th Street
          Join area police and public safety agencies, neighbors, and friends as we celebrate NNO's 25 years of successful partnerships. Entertainment, activities for children, fingerprinting, games, military and police equipment, and live concert featuring headline acts.
        • Download Event Fliers

        Fifth District

        Ft. Lincoln Recreation Center
        3100 Ft. Lincoln Drive, NE

        5-9 pm

        Celebrate NNO with the Fifth District
        Join us for food, fun, and information on neighborhood watch/orange hat programs and safety workshops within our police/community partnerships.  Let our partnerships send the message - our neighborhoods are organized and willing to support local anticrime programs.

        In addition, you may "get on the Bus" with Councilmember Thomas and 5D Command Staff as a Delegate from our Ward Five/District Five community to represent us at the Regional event on the Mall.

        Fayette Vaughn-Lee
        (202) 698-0188

        National Night Out Successes

      • khenderson029@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010

          PSA 504 NATIONAL NIGHT OUT COMMUNITY WALK

          DATE: August 3, 2010; TIME: 7:00 -8:30

          LOCATION: Trinidad Recreation Center (corner of Holbrook and Childress Streets, NE)

          NATIONAL NIGHT OUT IS THE ONE TIME DURING THE YEAR WHERE EVERY RESIDENT IN THE COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO FEEL SAFE IN THEIR COMMUNITY

          COME OUT AND HELP MAKE YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD SAFER

          THE WALK WILL FOLLOW THE NATIONAL NIGHT OUT KICK-OFF AT TRINIDAD RECREATION CENTER AT 5:00 PM

          WE WILL ASSEMBLE ON THE CORNER AT 8:00 P.M. AND BEGIN OUR SAFETY WALK

          CONTACT: KATHY HENDERSON (202) 397-2777

        • John Ayala
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2011
            The Washington DC Guardian Angels would like to wish you all a safe and fun National Night Out.  We will be all over the city this evening and look forward to seeing you all.

            Today's Washington Post check it out
            guardianangels.org
            ‎(Astrid Riecken/FOR THE WASHINGTON POST) – Guardian Angels, some of them on bikes, are a volunteer law enforcement group that helps D.C. Police to keep order on 18th Street in Adams Morgan by stopping night drifters from jay walking, breaking up fights and patrolling alleys in Adams Morgan.

            John "Unique King" Ayala
            DC Chapter Leader/East Coast Director

            Alliance Of Guardian Angels/DC Chapter
            1425 K Street, NW Suite 350
            Washington, DC 20005
            202-359-0601

            Help us by Donating

            http://guardianangels.org/chapters/dc/wish-list/

          • Timothy Clark
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2011
              Hats off to MPD, 5DCAC, Bates Area Civic Association, Hanover Civic Association, Commissioner Pinkney, Commissioner Thomas, Giovani, Tony Lewis, jr., and everyone else that helped make tonights event a success. This event was great for the neighboring communities and Ward 5 as a whole. The bike MBT ride, zumba dancers and other activities where a ton of fun!

              I'm looking forward to next years event!

              Tim Clark
              Commissioner, 5C05
              Chair, ANC5C Finance & Grant Committee
              Chair, ANC5C Smart Growth & Sustainability Committee
              5c05@...
              http://anc5c05.blogspot.com
              Second V.P., Edgewood Civic Association
              www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org

            • Thomas, Bradley (ANC 5C01)
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 4, 2011
                Thanks Tim.

                “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
                Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
                For more information visit www.onecitysummer.dc.gov or call 311

                5c05@...<mailto:5c05@...>
                http://anc5c05.blogspot.com
                Second V.P., Edgewood Civic Association
                www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org<http://www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org>
              • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 20, 2015

                5D Community,

                The countdown begins: National Night Out 2015

                14  days  and 12 hours

                If you have not already done so Mark your Calendars for Tuesday August 4, 2015

                NNO in your Community come get FRESH with 5D

                http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/national-night-out-calendar-activities

              • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
                Message 8 of 12 , Jul 28, 2015

                5D Community,

                We are making big plans for you.  Clear your evening calendar, bring your children, and ask your Neighbors to join you in Celebrating National Night Out with MPD and 5DCAC at Starburst Plaza.  Food and Fun-don’t missed this one.

                GET F.R.E.S.H.

                The Time to Celebrate

                Tuesday, August 4, 2015

                Starburst Plaza

                Bladensburg Road NE @ Benning Road NE and Maryland Ave. NE

                6pm-9pm

                Let our partnerships send the message:

                our neighborhoods are organized and

                                      We support local anticrime programs

              • Debbie Steiner
                Message 9 of 12 , Aug 2, 2016
                  As an ANC in Ward 5, business owner, and lifelong resident, I must commend Fayette Vaughn-Lee for her leadership and the exceptional job she did at the Brentwood Shopping Center.

                  As Brentwood Shopping Center was the gracious host of this year's NNO event, it was filled with great entertainment; reconnection of old friends and making new ones.

                  The owner representative from the shopping center was ecstatic to see the Mayor's office there from the beginning to end; our City Administrator showering the crowd with his authenticity; Councilmember McDuffie gave very warm remarks; vendors galore and the entertainment was awesome.

                  Several people had inquired about Chief Lanier's presence since she always attends; but she sent a Ward 5 friend - Chief Green.

                  Too all who were there,  Michael Meers from Mid City Financial thanks you and so do I !!

                  See you next year

                  This transmission contains information from Debbie Steiner which may be confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the planned recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately

                • Fitzgerald, William (MPD)
                  Message 10 of 12 , Aug 2, 2016
                    Great job Fayette! Thank you!

                    Message 11 of 12 , Aug 4, 2016
                      As a new member of the Ward 5 community, I need to second that praise of Fayette Vaughn-Lee for her support of the First Annual Villages of Dakota Crossing National Night Out celebration.

                      Our community was beyond delighted to connect with officers in a relaxed environment. My daughter is still speaking about officer “Peanut Butter and Jelly” PJ. Thank you for going the extra mile to come together with the community this week. The fire truck visit was a highlight of the evening for the children as well.

                      Our new community benefitted greatly from the visit from Councilman McDuffie and the honor of Chief Lanier joining our celebration of neighborhood camaraderie. Events like Tuesday night make Ward 5 a great place to live and work.

                      To all who participated-thank you!

                      Leslie Johnston
                      Villages of Dakota Crossing

                      On Aug 2, 2016, at 10:31 PM, 'Fitzgerald, William (MPD)' William.Fitzgerald@... [MPD-5D] <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      Great job Fayette! Thank you!

                      Message 12 of 12 , Jul 29
                        We have an exciting program planned that is filled with good food and electrifying entertainment. Be sure to attend the Ward National Night Out celebration on Tuesday, from 6-8 p.m.; the Starburst Plaza is located at the intersection of Bladensburg Rd and Benning Rd NE.

                        All Ward 5 advisory neighborhood commissioners, be sure to arrive by 6:00 p.m.

                        Kathy Henderson, 5D05

                        Sent from my iPhone