RE: [MPD-5D] Digest Number 118

  • Anderson, Judith (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17 2:32 PM
      [MPD-5D] Digest Number 118
      Greetings to all! Please note that the next meeting for PSA 504 will be held on Saturday, June 18, 2005 at the Developing Families Center - 801 17th Street, NE from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.  Our special guest will be Francine Edmonds, Interim Neighborhood Services Coordinator.

      Also since the meetings are rotating the July meeting will be held at the Joseph Cole Rec Ctr. 1200 Morse Street, NE.

                 From: "chughes2935" <cninney@...>
            2. Great Job!!
                 From: "Carleh Ward" <c.j.ward@...>
            3. RE: Great Job!!
                 From: "Edmonds, Francine (EOM)" <francine.edmonds@...>
            4. PSA 501 Community Meeting, 6/16/2005, 7:00 pm
                 From: MPD-5D
            5. Re: PSA 501 Community Meeting, 6/16/2005, 7:00 pm
                 From: sara kaufman <sakaufman@...>
            6. thefts from back yards in Bloomingdale
                 From: sara kaufman <sakaufman@...>
            7. PSA 504 Meeting, 6/18/2005, 10:00 am
                 From: MPD-5D

      Message: 1
         Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:08:06 -0000
         From: "chughes2935" <cninney@...>
      Subject: Re: Fireworks vs. gun shots?

      Hi! This is Lt. Hughes from 5D PSA 502 You should definitely call
      911, gun shots and fire works are similar in sound, firecrackers are
      illegal and the officer should confiscate them.
      Say that you are not sure whether they are gun shots or fireworks,
      someone will respond.
      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "baringlake" <baringlake@y...> wrote:

      > Now that it's summer, I feel
      like I'm constantly hearing "pops" at
      all
      > hours of the day. For
      example, just yesterday (Saturday, 6/11) I
      heard
      > a series of about
      five or six "pops" at about 7-7:30pm last night
      > while working on my
      lawn. I also heard another series of about five
      or
      > six pops around
      maybe 10pm, and then another series of five or six
      > pops around 11:30pm.
      I've also heard them in the morning.

      > I can't tell what might be
      fireworks (albeit illegal) vs. gun shots.
      > It's a little unnerving to
      think that at least some of these "pops"
      > could be gun shots, since I
      hear so many of them lately.

      > Any advice on how to handle these
      "pops"? Should I call 311 or 911?
      > And what should I say -- that I heard
      "pops" and I'm not sure if
      they
      > were fireworks or gun
      shots?

      > I live near the problem building at 2500 10th St NE that
      is
      currently
      > part of an "action plan" so I want to make sure I'm
      reporting
      > everything that might have to do with that building (though I
      can't
      > say for sure where some of the "pops" were coming
      from).

      > Thanks,

      Jen

      Message: 2
         Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:11:29 -0400
         From: "Carleh Ward" <c.j.ward@...>
      Subject: Great Job!!

      A word of thanks to the MPD for the quick clean up of "M 13" artwork at 13th
      and Rhode Island. We live on R.I, but have a private parking space in the
      back alley and drive by that corner every day. We noticed today around 1:00
      pm that the walls had been cleaned. It is good to know there is true follow
      up and that the job was completed and not put to the bottom of the stack. We
      hope this will send a message to the artist and future artwork can be
      avoided.

      Again THANKS!!

      Carleh Ward
      Ward Consultants
      202.607.4454

      Message: 3
         Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:44:18 -0400
         From: "Edmonds, Francine (EOM)" <francine.edmonds@...>
      Subject: RE: Great Job!!

      I also would like to thank the Ward 5 Department of Public Work (DPW)
      Inspector Jackie Brooks who made the arrangements to have this graffiti
      removed in a timely manner.

      MPD and DPW worked together (as they have in the past) in having this issue
      resolved.  Job Well Done!

      Francine P. Edmonds
      Ward 5 Neighborhood Services
      Executive Office of the Mayor
      Office of the City Administrator
      64 New York Avenue NE, 4th Floor
      Washington, DC 20002
      (202) 671-0726
      (202) 671-0728 (Fax)
      (202) 359-0703 (Business cell)
      If you are not part of the Solution, you are part of the Problem.

      A word of thanks to the MPD for the quick clean up of "M 13" artwork at 13th
      and Rhode Island. We live on R.I, but have a private parking space in the
      back alley and drive by that corner every day. We noticed today around 1:00
      pm that the walls had been cleaned. It is good to know there is true follow
      up and that the job was completed and not put to the bottom of the stack. We
      hope this will send a message to the artist and future artwork can be
      avoided.

      Again THANKS!!

      Carleh Ward
      Ward Consultants
      202.607.4454

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message: 4
         Date: 15 Jun 2005 22:57:04 -0000
         From: MPD-5D
      Subject: PSA 501 Community Meeting, 6/16/2005, 7:00 pm

       Reminder from the Calendar of MPD-5D
       http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MPD-5D/cal

      PSA 501 Community Meeting
      Thursday June 16, 2005
      7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      (This event repeats  on the third Thursday of every month, until Sunday October 30, 2005.)
      Event Location: To Be Announced (Call 727-4478)

      Notes:
      Lt. Craig or Lt. Stroud

      Send a Yahoo! Greeting at:
       http://greetings.yahoo.com

      Set up birthday reminders!

      Copyright 2005 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved.
       http://www.yahoo.com

      Privacy Policy:
       http://privacy.yahoo.com/

      Terms of Service:
       http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 5
         Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 05:57:25 -0400
         From: sara kaufman <sakaufman@...>
      Subject: Re: PSA 501 Community Meeting, 6/16/2005, 7:00 pm

      Lt Craig confirms the June PSA 501 meeting is at the \
      Greater Mt Calvery Community Center
      605 RHode Island NE
      The "Blue" building next to the auto parts store

      On 15 Jun 2005 22:57:04 -0000, MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      My Groups | MPD-5D Main Page

      > Reminder from the Calendar of
      MPD-5D

      > PSA 501 Community Meeting
      >
      > Thursday June
      16, 2005
      > 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      > This event repeats on the third
      Thursday of every month, until Sunday
      > October 30, 2005.
      > Event
      Location: To Be Announced (Call 727-4478)
      > Notes:
      > Lt. Craig or
      Lt. Stroud
      > ________________________________
      >
      > Yahoo!
      Greetings
      > Send a Yahoo! Greeting. Birthday Reminders
      > Set up
      birthday reminders!

      > Copyright (c)  2005  Yahoo!
      Inc. All Rights Reserved.
      > Privacy Policy - Terms of
      Service

      > Your use of
      Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      Message: 6
         Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:15:13 -0400
         From: sara kaufman <sakaufman@...>
      Subject: thefts from back yards in Bloomingdale

      There were at least two recent occurrences of thefts from backyards
      with alley access in the northern Bloomingdale neighborhood.  These
      two were around 1st and W St NW and items like a bike [that was
      chained] a lawn mower and trimmer were taken.
      Details are sketchy,  but check that your gates are closed and locked.

      Message: 7
         Date: 16 Jun 2005 13:59:03 -0000
         From: MPD-5D
      Subject: PSA 504 Meeting, 6/18/2005, 10:00 am

       Reminder from the Calendar of MPD-5D
       http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MPD-5D/cal

      PSA 504 Meeting
      Saturday June 18, 2005
      10:00 am - 12:00 pm
      (This event repeats  on the third Saturday of every month, until Friday December 23, 2005.)
      (The next reminder for this event will be sent in 1 day, 12 hours, 1 minute.)
      Event Location: Location Varies (See Lt. Anderson) Judith.Anderson@...

      Notes:
      Rotating Locations tri-monthly meetings

      - Joe Cole Rec Center, 1200 Morse St., NE (Jan, Apr, July, Oct)
      - Bethesda Baptist Church, 1808 Capitol Ave, NE (Feb, May, Aug, Nov)
      - Developing Families Center, 801 17th Street, NE (Mar, June, Sept, Dec)