Re: How to get a vacant property (re-)boarded up?

  • kristofor1787
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 26, 2008
      Hi Chris,

      Thank you for your vigilance on this issue. This issue was a
      perfect one to bring up at the walk-through I hosted in late May,
      the one you helped announce by passing out flyers. The flyer stated
      that the "purpose of the walk-through is to . . . pinpoint problem
      properties." If you had been able to join us, you would have
      pointed out the problem and it would have gone on the list sent to
      Alice Thompson (Mayor's office).

      If you have a concern, it's best to send me an e-mail. Councilman
      Thomas's office is often the best place to contact when the DCRA or
      whoever is not being responsive (ANCs are unpaid and have day jobs)--
      Harry has the staff and resources.

      In the meantime, I am hoping to host a walk-through in your area
      sometime next month.

      Kris Hammond
      The ANC Guy

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, DCReardon@... wrote:

      > Believe me, EVERYONE listed knows all about this, its the vaunted
      new upcoming "almost NOMA" project at the corner of North Cap and
      Hanover, which has been an eyesore for almost 10 years, ever since
      North Capitol Neighborhood Development went bankrupt. The whole
      corner is being demolished, so the owners just dont care, kris
      hammon, our ANC guy knows, the Mayor has been through on a
      walkthrough, its all part of the "new development" of the North Cap
      corridor, but in the meantime, no one?is holding these owners to
      keep their properties secured and also clean and weed free.? Its a
      total eyesore and has been this way for a long time.

      > THORON Development, the property developers, ?also know all about
      it, but they dont care either.? Actually I believe City Paper wrote
      an article about this same spot about 10 years ago, same thing,
      decrepitness.