We Live in Ward 5 Too

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2008
      Good Morning Councilmember Thomas:

      My neighbors and I found a short flyer from you this morning, regarding a summer camp that starts on June 30, 2008, and runs to August 22, 2008. The timing of this communication appears to underscore our recent complaint regarding being overlooked in the Summer of Safety calendar of recreational activities. If we had not complained it is likely we would not have received this flyer; today is June 25th and the camp starts in five days. Obviously, this portion of Carver Terrace was not considered in the planning of this camp.

      As the Councilmember for Ward 5 we expect you to represent ALL of Ward 5 and that certainly includes every citizen residing within ANC 5B10. We fully expect you to communicate with our elected representative Commissioner India Henderson, 5B10 and to address our concerns. As the chairperson of the committee that oversees the Department of Parks and Recreation we have a reasonable expectation not to be overlooked regarding recreational activity programming.

      Finally, we will not tolerate you focusing on other parts of Ward 5 while you ignore this Ward 5 community. We will not simply wait in silence for your term to expire. Elected representatives are required to serve the interests of their constituents. Every citizen residing within ANC 5B10 boundaries, including myself are your constituents and we expect you to represent us.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson