RE: [MPD-5D] Murder in the park

  • Craig, Donald (MPD)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
      Ms. Lumpe,

      The murder occurred on a playground in the Edgewood Community. This was an isolated incident and the park is for the most part very safe. I can't put any more details here but if you e-mail me directly at Donald.Craig@... I would be happy to provide a few more details.

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
        Mr. Craig,

        As the aging neighbors in our community are moving away from the
        area, younger families are beginning to move into the area. Consider
        that a child's safety is of a high concern for a parent to consider
        when looking at neighborhoods and when trying to protect their
        families from harm.

        Because you don't provide details and stats for the neighborhood,
        I'm assuming:

        1. The killer has not been caught.
        2. Crime stats for the year in our neighborhood are worse than last
        year's stats.

        If you are unwilling to share the details in a written forum such as
        this, is there another media that you would be willing to
        communicate the requested information to us. Ms. Lumpe is not the
        only neighbor interested in learning more about this matter. June
        11th is the next Police - Community meeting, would it possible to
        provide a mid-year review on offenses committed in our neighborhoods
        and surrounding neighborhoods, as well as a status report on what
        efforts are underway (both successful and unsuccessful) to keep our
        children and neighbors safe?

        Best always,
        Bill

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Craig, Donald \(MPD\)"
        <Donald.Craig@d...> wrote:
        > Ms. Lumpe,
        >
        > The murder occurred on a playground in the Edgewood Community.
        This was an isolated incident and the park is for the most part very
        safe. I can't put any more details here but if you e-mail me
        directly at Donald.Craig@d... I would be happy to provide a few more
        details.

        > ________________________________

        Service.

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Pat McGuire
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
          [MPD-5D] Re: Murder in the park
          Dear friends and neighbors,

          All of us at Trinity aver deeply concerned about the Edgewood playground murder.  We'd also like more information from the police, and we want to do whatever we can to be helpful in addressing the problem.  So, please let me know if there's anything we can do, and as always, we'd be happy to host a neighborhood meeting here to discuss the situation.

          Pat McGuire
          President
          Trinity University
          Washington

          MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [MPD-5D] Murder in the
          park

          > hi,
          > i would appreciate it if our
          police liason(s) could provide an
          update on the
          > murder at/found at
          Edgewood Rec Center on Saturday.  more
          generally, as
          > someone who
          has just moved into the community with a small child,
          i'd like
          > crime
          stats on the park and nearby area. is it a safe place to
          play, or not?
          > and if not, what can we do to help make it safer?

          thanks,
          > lora
          > 4th and evarts
          >

          > -----
          > > Does anyone know of the murder that occured recently here in
          Brookland? My
          > > friends boss lives behind the Safeway on RI and said she went
          the park
          > (not
          > > sure which one) last weekend and saw a
          man propped up on some
          play
          > equipment. A
          > > child who was
          already there asked her to call 911 because the
          man was

          bleeding. The man was as actually dead. I havent seen anything
          about this
          > on the
          > > listserv. Any info would be
          appreciated.

          > > ES
          > > 13th Street

          > >    To unsubscribe from this group, send an
          email to:

          > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
          Yahoo! Terms of
          Service.

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups
          Links

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Craig, Donald (MPD)
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
            The reason the details are not placed on this media is so that the investigation is not compromised. As I said in my response before any questions can be e-mailed directly to me at Donald. Craig @... or you can call the office at 202-727-4478.

            ________________________________

            <Donald.Craig@d...> wrote:
            > Ms. Lumpe,
            >
            > The murder occurred on a playground in the Edgewood Community.
            This was an isolated incident and the park is for the most part very
            safe. I can't put any more details here but if you e-mail me
            directly at Donald.Craig@d... I would be happy to provide a few more
            details.

            Service.

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links