Re: In need od Police assistances

  • k_fw
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2008
      I would just like to point out that Dahlgreen Courts is at 10th &
      Rhode Island, and it has been the subject of many recent posts to
      this listserve.

      My own call to Lt. Stroud about the neighborhood's dangerous condition
      (recommened by Chief Groomes) has gone unanswered. I understand the
      next PSA meeting will be held on June 19th. I do plan on attending,
      but will these death threats go unadressed?

      It seems we could use some police support in advance of the meeting.

      Thanks.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hodges <dahlgreenct@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > My name is Mike Hodges I'm a community manager at Dahlgreen
      Courts in th 5th district area. This community is in need of police
      patrol day and night I spoken with several police about this on going
      problem and it seems no one is willing to help me with my concerns it
      has been reported several times to me that my life will be taken is
      continue to do my job.
    • Erin Heramb
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2008
        In regards to this request, this is the area where a 12 year old was found after he was beaten and robbed last week and where an older gentleman was beaten with a gun and robbed, also, last week.  This is, also, one of the main reasons why the Brookland Orange Hats was formed due to the ongoing problems with people that come to "visit" the apartments.  This is, also, where the police have promised footbeats for several years but we have yet to see any.
        Erin
        10th

      • Wayne Steinhilber
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2008

          The PSA 502 meeting will indeed be held on June 19 at 7:00 PM at the Turkey Thicket Recreaction Center. Check in with center staff who will direct you to the meeting room.

          Police issues involving Dahlgreen Courts and the area around 10th and Rhode Island Avenue will be first on the agenda.  There will be updates on current investigations and the enhanced patrol plans for the area. This will be followed by an open forum for questions from concerned residents. The goal for the evening will be to have an open discussion of the issues along with the development of a clear sustainable course of action that has resident support.

          PSA 502 ListServ members who have more specific issues/information related to the above locations can email me directly at wayne.steinhilber@...

          Sergeant Wayne Steinhilber

          Patrol Supervisor-PSA 502

          I would just like to point out that Dahlgreen Courts is at 10th &
          Rhode Island, and it has been the subject of many recent posts to
          this listserve.

          My own call to Lt. Stroud about the neighborhood' s dangerous condition
          (recommened by Chief Groomes) has gone unanswered. I understand the
          next PSA meeting will be held on June 19th. I do plan on attending,
          but will these death threats go unadressed?

          It seems we could use some police support in advance of the meeting.

          Thanks.

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com, Mike Hodges <dahlgreenct@ ...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > My name is Mike Hodges I'm a community manager at Dahlgreen
          Courts in th 5th district area. This community is in need of police
          patrol day and night I spoken with several police about this on going
          problem and it seems no one is willing to help me with my concerns it
          has been reported several times to me that my life will be taken is
          continue to do my job.

        • Mike Hodges
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 10, 2008

            Commander Greene,

            Thanks for responding to my previous email per your suggestion and I called the number listed below and I spoke with a officer who ask for my address and contact info, she stated that an offficer or two will come be and check out my building and will get back in touch with me. Would like to know the progress if possible. Thanks again for your help.