Murder in the park

  • lora lumpe
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
      hi,
      i would appreciate it if our police liason(s) could provide an update on the
      murder at/found at Edgewood Rec Center on Saturday. more generally, as
      someone who has just moved into the community with a small child, i'd like
      crime stats on the park and nearby area. is it a safe place to play, or not?
      and if not, what can we do to help make it safer?

      thanks,
      lora
      4th and evarts

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
        Ms. Lumpe,

        The murder occurred on a playground in the Edgewood Community. This was an isolated incident and the park is for the most part very safe. I can't put any more details here but if you e-mail me directly at Donald.Craig@... I would be happy to provide a few more details.

        ________________________________

        > The police department issues press releases for all homicides. This
        presumably is it:

        > http://app.mpdc.dc.gov/newsroom/newsroom.asp?mpdcNav=|31417|.
        >
        > RL
        >
        > brooklander@... wrote:
        > Does anyone know of the murder that occured recently here in Brookland? My
        > friends boss lives behind the Safeway on RI and said she went to the park
        (not
        > sure which one) last weekend and saw a man propped up on some play
        equipment. A
        > child who was already there asked her to call 911 because the man was
        > bleeding. The man was as actually dead. I havent seen anything about this
        on the
        > listserv. Any info would be appreciated.
        >
        > ES
        > 13th Street

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Bill and Rob
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
          Mr. Craig,

          As the aging neighbors in our community are moving away from the
          area, younger families are beginning to move into the area. Consider
          that a child's safety is of a high concern for a parent to consider
          when looking at neighborhoods and when trying to protect their
          families from harm.

          Because you don't provide details and stats for the neighborhood,
          I'm assuming:

          1. The killer has not been caught.
          2. Crime stats for the year in our neighborhood are worse than last
          year's stats.

          If you are unwilling to share the details in a written forum such as
          this, is there another media that you would be willing to
          communicate the requested information to us. Ms. Lumpe is not the
          only neighbor interested in learning more about this matter. June
          11th is the next Police - Community meeting, would it possible to
          provide a mid-year review on offenses committed in our neighborhoods
          and surrounding neighborhoods, as well as a status report on what
          efforts are underway (both successful and unsuccessful) to keep our
          children and neighbors safe?

          Best always,
          Bill

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Craig, Donald \(MPD\)"
          <Donald.Craig@d...> wrote:
          > Ms. Lumpe,
          >
          > The murder occurred on a playground in the Edgewood Community.
          This was an isolated incident and the park is for the most part very
          safe. I can't put any more details here but if you e-mail me
          directly at Donald.Craig@d... I would be happy to provide a few more
          details.

          > ________________________________

          Service.

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Pat McGuire
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
            [MPD-5D] Re: Murder in the park
            Dear friends and neighbors,

            All of us at Trinity aver deeply concerned about the Edgewood playground murder.  We'd also like more information from the police, and we want to do whatever we can to be helpful in addressing the problem.  So, please let me know if there's anything we can do, and as always, we'd be happy to host a neighborhood meeting here to discuss the situation.

            Pat McGuire
            President
            Trinity University
            Washington

            MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [MPD-5D] Murder in the
            park

            > hi,
            > i would appreciate it if our
            police liason(s) could provide an
            update on the
            > murder at/found at
            Edgewood Rec Center on Saturday.  more
            generally, as
            > someone who
            has just moved into the community with a small child,
            i'd like
            > crime
            stats on the park and nearby area. is it a safe place to
            play, or not?
            > and if not, what can we do to help make it safer?

            thanks,
            > lora
            > 4th and evarts
            >

            > -----
            > > Does anyone know of the murder that occured recently here in
            Brookland? My
            > > friends boss lives behind the Safeway on RI and said she went
            the park
            > (not
            > > sure which one) last weekend and saw a
            man propped up on some
            play
            > equipment. A
            > > child who was
            already there asked her to call 911 because the
            man was

            bleeding. The man was as actually dead. I havent seen anything
            about this
            > on the
            > > listserv. Any info would be
            appreciated.

            > > ES
            > > 13th Street

            > >    To unsubscribe from this group, send an
            email to:

            > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
            Yahoo! Terms of
            Service.

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > Yahoo! Groups
            Links

            Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Craig, Donald (MPD)
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
              The reason the details are not placed on this media is so that the investigation is not compromised. As I said in my response before any questions can be e-mailed directly to me at Donald. Craig @... or you can call the office at 202-727-4478.

              ________________________________

              <Donald.Craig@d...> wrote:
              > Ms. Lumpe,
              >
              > The murder occurred on a playground in the Edgewood Community.
              This was an isolated incident and the park is for the most part very
              safe. I can't put any more details here but if you e-mail me
              directly at Donald.Craig@d... I would be happy to provide a few more
              details.

              Service.

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links