Engine Company 10 Temporarily Closed

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      Good Afternoon All:

      Engine Company 10 located on Florida Ave. NE has temporarily closed and relocated to New Jersey Ave. NW. Engine Company 10 serves the Gallaudet, Trinidad, Carver Terrace, Langston communities in ANC 5B and parts of the ANC 6A community. According to Assistant Fire Chief Crosswhite, the station is closed for renovations. Unfortunately, no notice was provided to the ANC's and the public; although, Chief Crosswhite stated Ms. Ayanna Chase in Councilmember Harry Thomas' office was notified several weeks ago. Efforts to co-locate the unit at Gallaudet University are underway and are expected to be finalized this week, minimizing disruption in service.

      Fire and Emergency Service personnel are considered major community partners on par with our police partners. We do not understand nor condone the lack of notice to the public. Open and effective communication underscores and strengthens all partnerships. Going forward, we fully expect Fire Chief Dennis Rubin to ensure that all communities receive proper notice when engine companies must close for renovations. We appreciate the dedication of all of our public servants and expect the lines of communication to remain open and functioning at an optimal level at all times.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson for Commissioner India A. Henderson, 5B10