Statement on Last Night's Violence

  • Robert Vinson Brannum
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2008

      STATEMENT OF ROBERT VINSON BRANNUM

      CHAIRMAN, 5TH DISTRICT CITIZENS’ ADVISORY COUNCIL

      DC METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT

                Sadly last night our Ward 5 community experienced another round of senseless violence and killings.  Naturally, our hearts go out the families of the victims. As Chairman of the 5th District Citizens’ Advisory Council, I call upon those who have information which may lead to the apprehension and convictions of those who committed these violent acts to contact DC MPD.  As individual citizens, a community, and a government, we must work together to create strategies, policies, and initiatives to respond.

                Each of us in Ward 5 and across the District has a right and a need to live, to work and to socialize in peace and harmony.  The 5th District Citizens’ Advisory Council is committed to informing residents and working with DCMPD to maintain a peaceful and safe Ward 5.

      Robert Vinson Brannum

      202-256-8452

      202-328-7611 fax