the promise of stepped up patrols and radar on Florida AVe NE

  • Tina DCTina
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2008
      In our last PSA504 meeting we were informed there would be radar and stepped up patrols of FLorida AVe NE, esp. 10th - 14h streets, due to our requests about speeding cars and accidents.
      Well, tonight was no exception with what appeared to be a drunk tow truck driver hitting one car , then crossing the double yellow line and hitting a second car and then finally jumping the curb, hitting a tree and taking out the tree box fence just installed today. Upon impact the passenger jumped out and kicked around the numerous empty beer cans that fell off the truck and then ran off down the street. Meanwhile the 2 other cars were rendered undrivable, airbags deployed. FOrtunately this accident didn't result in a fatality.
      Can we have that radar and patrols expedited please.....