5D Patrols VS. the bad guys in Northern Bloomingdale

  • sara kaufman
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2008

      Commander Greene

      Word on the street is that the 5D Patrols are helping to keep some of the "bad stuff" away.

      Particularly - on the 1st and U St corner,  where open air drug dealing can occur.

      Admittedly - this statement is from a very small [but "aware"] polling group - so hopefully neighbors on the Unit Block of U st and elsewhere in Northern Bloomingdale concur.
      I know my corner [1st and W] has been quieter and mostly paraphernalia free for a few weeks.

      Thank you

      Sara

      1st and W ST NW

    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2008

        I hope to keep the presence up down there, please let me know if the mode changes!!

      • scott@scott-roberts.net
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29, 2008
          Commander Greene:

          There is a new set of aggressive drug dealers along W Street NW between Flagler and 2nd Street NW in PSA 501, particularly at the intersection of the alley on W Street leading southwards to V Street NW.

          What is particularly scary about these new drug dealers is that they are bold & defiant and stand around with impunity.  They are hardly discreet and have made it clear by their manner that they will not be intimidated.   It is also scary because they are all new faces

          The drug dealers back in the bad old days of the early- to mid-1990's behaved similarly. I had that thought that the neighborhood had advanced since then.  But it appears that we have returned to the days of the Badlands.

          I have seen 5D cars parked along W Street NW near the Flagler Market (located at Flagler & W Street NW) and driving along W and 2nd Street NW, which is encouraging and appreciated.

          So it appears that 5D has been alerted to the current problem.  Nevertheless, I would like to invite 5D to escalate its attention -- both overt and covert -- towards this particular location, since it hasn't been this bad for 10+ years.

          Thank you.

          == Scott Roberts, Bloomingdale / PSA 501 ==

          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2008
            If Scott says it's that bad - you know it's really
            really bad.

          • sara kaufman