RE: [MPD-5D] Triple Shooting/ Homicide Outside Cardinal's Nest

  • k.jarrell01@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 11 , May 22, 2008
      Thanks,  I realized that Daryl Green wasn't the football legend.
      I hard core on these subjects and feel anytime gun shots occur as a result of a patron leaving the bar, the license should be pulled.  I don't think it matters where someone lives,  the sheer fact that they were in the establishment and then shot people in my mind doesn't keep the establishment from coming under investigation.
      I also think the Chief is very savvy about doing what is right as notably she has closed several clubs for the violence that has occurred directly related to patrons leaving.
      Good work by the way Commander Greene,  you are doing an impressive job.

      Keith Jarrell

      --
      In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
      Martin Luther King Jr.

      From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>

      My posting was answering the specific questions that were asked in the previous posting that I replied too!!!

      From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>

      The temporary suspension was lifted because the initial investigative leads did not materialize to a point that would legally support the closure.  The patrons were not regular attendees in the sense that I believe that is the first go-go band that the Cardinal�s Nest has allowed to perform.  The go-go style performances attracted many rival neighborhoods and thus routinely attribute to violence in or around the area of these events.

      The owner of the Cardinal�s Nest is Darryl Green.  The victims in this case were probably not known to the management but only patrons, the investigation is continuing and developing background on the victims and his associates.  The victim of the homicide was from 14th and W Street area and they are known to rival the Edgewood terrace crew.  I will continue to keep the community posted on major developments within this investigation! !