MPD -- please read RE: fireworks!

  • k_fw
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
      Hello MPD,

      Popular consensus and District law agree that fireworks and firecrackers are
      illegal in the District. Please see the code referenced at the bottom of this e-
      mail (DC Fire Code at CDCR 12H-3309 F-3309.1.1.1).

      Please inform your officers of that fact so that they DO NOT tell children and
      their parents that playing with firecrackers is legal. An exchange of that sort
      was recently witnessed between a concerned parent and an MPD officer in
      my neighborhood.

      If in fact MPD is not responsible for enforcing this code, please let us know
      who is.

      Thank you for your help in keeping our neighborhoods safe this summer.

      Kristen
      10th & Douglas

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Nelson" <arodeojock@v...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the information, Regina. But I have one question.
      >

      > How the heck do the ramshackle stands sell these things without issue each
      > year? Last year I can't tell you how many people from Maryland and Virginia
      > I saw buying fireworks at stands in the area, and then driving back to their
      > respective states.
      >

      > Would anyone on the City Council (other than my MIA Ward 5
      Councilmember who
      > never responds to email) or MPD like to chime in?
      >

      > And just a side note, I'm seriously not looking forward to sitting on the
      > phone all night with the MPD on July 4th due to all the fireworks that will
      > be again lit in my neighborhood. Last year it was like living in a war zone
      > with the light flashes, the loud bangs, and the sulfur smoke that lingered
      > for hours on end.
      >

      > Thanks,
      >

      > Patrick Nelson
      >
      > 19th & H Streets NE