MS13 Graffiti at 13th and RI NE

  • christaltips
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2005
      There is a very large "MS 13" sprayed on a retaining wall at the
      corner of 13th and Rhode Island NE. I've called about having the
      thing covered up, but am concerned about the implications and am
      posting this in the hope that whatever gang presence we have in the
      area is being actively monitored. Also, what should neighbors be
      doing to help?

      -Regina.
      13th St., NE
    • Edmonds, Francine (EOM)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2005
        Please give me the complaint number your received when you called the
        Mayor's Call Center and I will have the Department of Public Works get on
        this as soon as possible.

        Francine P. Edmonds
        Ward 5 Neighborhood Services
        Executive Office of the Mayor
        Office of the City Administrator
        64 New York Avenue NE, 4th Floor
        Washington, DC 20002
        (202) 671-0726
        (202) 671-0728 (Fax)
        (202) 359-0703 (Business cell)
        If you are not part of the Solution, you are part of the Problem.

        There is a very large "MS 13" sprayed on a retaining wall at the
        corner of 13th and Rhode Island NE. I've called about having the
        thing covered up, but am concerned about the implications and am
        posting this in the hope that whatever gang presence we have in the
        area is being actively monitored. Also, what should neighbors be
        doing to help?

        -Regina.
        13th St., NE

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Jordan, Brian (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2005
          Thank you all for your immediate interest. Not only will the Fifth District actively look into this matter, but I have also forwarded this to our Intelligence Division Gang Intervention Unit. Not only will we move to get it removed, but we will look into where it came from and who might have put it there. It is important that we get pictures of it before it is removed so that we can begin to determine similar tagging to hopefully identify who is carrying out the tagging.

          Brian K. Jordan
          Assistant Chief of Police
          Regional Operations Command Central
          1500 Eckington Pl., NE