RE: [MPD-5D] Irving and 24th

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2008

      I will have your PSA lieutenant, Lt Hughes instruct the officers to give special attention to this area.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2008
        24th and Irving is PSA 505. A lot of vehicles are using Irving and
        Hamlin Streets as "work-arounds" while Vista/Franklin St. is closed
        for bridge repair. We'll keep an eye out for the speeders.

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar \(MPD\)"
        <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

        > I will have your PSA lieutenant, Lt Hughes instruct the officers to
        give
        > special attention to this area.
        >

        > ________________________________

        Behalf
        > Of pyramus12
        > Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 9:25 AM
        > To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [MPD-5D] Irving and 24th
        >

        > Is there anything that can be done about the amount of traffic that
        > use our neighborhood as a cut through from South Dakota to Rhode
        > Island, especially the UPS trucks? I believe there is a sign that
        says
        > no cut thru traffic on Irving Street, but it is disregarded. The
        > biggest concern is that they come off of South Dakota onto Irving
        > Street, and then turn right onto 24th Street to Rhode Island and
        speed
        > as fast as they can. Two infractions: speeding and cut thru. Any
        help
        > to make a statement to stop cutting through when it is not allowed,
        > and to catch them speeding, would help out greatly. Thanks so much!

      • kimberly Niono
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2008
          We arer still waiting for the police to monitor our crosswalk at Florida Avenue, and Quincyl Place NY.