Irving and 24th

  • pyramus12
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2008
      Is there anything that can be done about the amount of traffic that
      use our neighborhood as a cut through from South Dakota to Rhode
      Island, especially the UPS trucks? I believe there is a sign that says
      no cut thru traffic on Irving Street, but it is disregarded. The
      biggest concern is that they come off of South Dakota onto Irving
      Street, and then turn right onto 24th Street to Rhode Island and speed
      as fast as they can. Two infractions: speeding and cut thru. Any help
      to make a statement to stop cutting through when it is not allowed,
      and to catch them speeding, would help out greatly. Thanks so much!
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2008

        I will have your PSA lieutenant, Lt Hughes instruct the officers to give special attention to this area.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2008
          24th and Irving is PSA 505. A lot of vehicles are using Irving and
          Hamlin Streets as "work-arounds" while Vista/Franklin St. is closed
          for bridge repair. We'll keep an eye out for the speeders.

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar \(MPD\)"
          <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

          > I will have your PSA lieutenant, Lt Hughes instruct the officers to
          give
          > special attention to this area.
          >

          > ________________________________

          Behalf
          > Of pyramus12
          > Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 9:25 AM
          > To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [MPD-5D] Irving and 24th
          >

          > Is there anything that can be done about the amount of traffic that
          > use our neighborhood as a cut through from South Dakota to Rhode
          > Island, especially the UPS trucks? I believe there is a sign that
          says
          > no cut thru traffic on Irving Street, but it is disregarded. The
          > biggest concern is that they come off of South Dakota onto Irving
          > Street, and then turn right onto 24th Street to Rhode Island and
          speed
          > as fast as they can. Two infractions: speeding and cut thru. Any
          help
          > to make a statement to stop cutting through when it is not allowed,
          > and to catch them speeding, would help out greatly. Thanks so much!

        • kimberly Niono
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2008
            We arer still waiting for the police to monitor our crosswalk at Florida Avenue, and Quincyl Place NY.