Re: ROSA Enforcement

  • brian.ions
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2008
      Our experience is similar to Matt's. Joe, I haven't hit DPW with a ROSA
      request (yet), but generally they've been pretty responsive on this end
      of Newton over the years. Tyler has had a long-standing problem w/ CUA
      student parking nuisances, as have others here on Newton. So let me
      just add to Matt's post...

      When dealing with DPW...
      * Keep a log. Be sure to get and note your call center report
      number(s)/
      date/ time/ Intake person's ID#/ name if allowed
      * Be a little pushy (nicely, of course) with relevant questions:
      --Who (specific names) is in charge of enforcement/ inspection for W 5?
      ---Share that info here and on any of your relevant listservs
      --What's there direct phone number, fax, email address?
      --When, exactly (no later than date) can you expect action to be taken?
      --Let them know you're keeping a log of your complaint(s).
      * Ask them to call you back to confirm action has been taken.
      * Repeat... requesting new complaint no.(s), if necessary... and/or...
      * Call and email Ayawna Chase in CM Thomas' office when you've
      made reasonable attempts, to no avail
      --Provide her a copy of your log details

      DPW should know the Thomas family very well-- and that they have a long
      history of commitment to DPW-related concerns on behalf of their Ward 5
      neighbors.

      brian
      on Newton