Re: sound of shots being fired vicinity of 1200 blk Morse St

  • ladytrini12
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2008
      Someone was shot several times in front of the Joseph Cole Recreation
      Center.

      It is a shame that for so long we have given up on reclaiming the Rec
      Center grounds as a safe place for the community and children.
      Something like this was bound to happen.

      Very sad. Any word on whether the man survived?

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Megan Graff <magalino@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Tina et al--
      >
      > I live in the 1200 block of Montello. I also called 911 and was put
      through after being on hold for about a minute. I explained the
      situation and was hearing sirens even while I was still on the phone
      with the operator.

      > The police were here until about 7:45 am today. I asked an officer
      if anyone was shot, and he looked at me like I was kind of crazy and
      said "Yes" (guess I can't blame him; at least one of those 10 or 12
      shots probably found its mark).

      > It seems to have happened at the corner of Morse and Montello.
      >
      > Any other information would be much appreciated.
      >
      > Megan Graff
      >

      > When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear
      of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

      > -C.S. Lewis

      Try it now.