Crime Emergency

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 10:59 AM
      Good Afternoon All:

      I feel confident that Commander Greene has a real plan to combat crime in Ward 5 that utilizes every available resource, including citizen support. We must continue to be strategic in our approach to fighting violent crime and crime in general, refraining from superficial declarations. We all want policing results that restore public safety.

      While we are asking our police to do more let us commit to doing more as citizens. The vast majority of LISTSERV members are civic-minded law-abiding citizens that are engaged in community activities. Let us take our activity to the next level. Commander Greene is right when he says the community serves as the eyes and ears for officers. Be vigilant, report all incidents, pass along information and urge your neighbors to do the same. Commissioner Henderson and I are disseminating flyers within the 5B10 community, urging anyone with information regarding a recent shooting to call 1-888-919-CRIME. It is likely that someone in our community has information that will lead to an arrest and I am glad to hear the police have a suspect in the recent homicide. We must make it clear to criminals that we are watching, reporting and refusing to tolerate crime; if you commit a crime you WILL be arrested and prosecuted.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson