Community Success Story

  • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2005
      MPDC - 5D Success Story
      Here is a link to the police website about the Brookland Orange Hat Patrol Group.  For more information, contact Capt Patrick Burke, Patrick.Burke@...

      If you have a success story to share about what you and your neighborhors are doing, please do not hesitate to contact me about this.  The Orange Hat Patrol group was scheduled to be featured in DC North last month.  They were also featured in a recent news report on television.

      I walked with them on their first walk in December.  The group I walked with mapped out their area and documented for more than an hour, every abandoned or suspicious vehicle, every unmaintained property, every poorly lit street, and even a water main break.  This is also a great opportunity to walk your dog.

      They will be meeting this Sunday at 7pm.  Congratulations to this group for keeping the momentum alive of reclaiming their neighborhood!

      Yvonne Smith
      Community Outreach Coordinator
      Metropolitan Police Department
      Fifth District- Commander's Offic