Re: pot smoking teenagers at rhode island metro stop

  • roomforrent001
    Message 1 of 10 , May 6, 2005
      I didn't receive a response from my email BUT I did see the very
      next morning a visible metro police presence at Rhode Island Metro.

      As of this morning, instead of 15 or so teenagers there were only 5.
      And I haven't seen the teenager who I thought of as the ringleader
      since the day I wrote the email.

      Not sure who I have to thank - maybe it was a coincidence - but
      THANKS!!! A very quick response!

      (quick aside - several of the kids spit frequently almost like they
      are chewing tobacco. Is there some drug that results in this
      behavior that I'm just too old to know about? Maybe they are just
      plain gross.)

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "roomforrent001"
      <roomforrent001@y...> wrote:
      > Every morning there are the same group of teenagers hanging out
      > between the bus stop and the metro entrance at Rhode Island Avenue
      > Metro. (I often wonder why they aren't EVER in school.) On
      several
      > occasions I have smelled pot smoke coming from their group. They
      also
      > ask for money most day. This morning a well-meaning lady stopped
      and
      > tried to dissuade these teenagers from 'using that junk'/ smoking
      > pot. Of course, the teens ignored her and I worried for her
      safety.

      > I know there is chronic underemployment; but, before school gets
      out
      > for the summer and less troubled teens join up with this
      particular
      > group of truant, seemingly unemployeed, youth, is there anything
      you
      > do something to have these young men stop panhandling, insulting
      metro
      > riders, smoking pot, and giving the area a seedy shady character
      every
      > morning?
    • Burke, Patrick (MPD)
      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2005
        No drugs associated with chewing tobacco that i'm aware of. Thanks for the update.

        Captain Patrick A. Burke
        Fifth District, MPDC
        Buckle Up, Drive Safe and Make a Difference!

        Office: 202 727-4488
        Pager: 888 523-7099

        <roomforrent001@y...> wrote:
        > Every morning there are the same group of teenagers hanging out
        > between the bus stop and the metro entrance at Rhode Island Avenue
        > Metro. (I often wonder why they aren't EVER in school.) On
        several
        > occasions I have smelled pot smoke coming from their group. They
        also
        > ask for money most day. This morning a well-meaning lady stopped
        and
        > tried to dissuade these teenagers from 'using that junk'/ smoking
        > pot. Of course, the teens ignored her and I worried for her
        safety.

        > I know there is chronic underemployment; but, before school gets
        out
        > for the summer and less troubled teens join up with this
        particular
        > group of truant, seemingly unemployeed, youth, is there anything
        you
        > do something to have these young men stop panhandling, insulting
        metro
        > riders, smoking pot, and giving the area a seedy shady character
        every
        > morning?

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Scott Shappell
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 19, 2005
          Several shots were heard last night between 3:30 and 4:00 am on or around
          Bates Street, NW. Was anyone hurt? Can you give us any details?

          Scott Shappell
          www.truxtoncircle.org