Re: Alleyway restrictions

  • baringlake
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2005
      I second Nathan's statements about the speeding the alley. From my
      experiences, I see the worst of it during the morning and evening
      rush. Franklin gets backed up at the light at 10th & Franklin, so
      cars cut down the alley, make a right on Evarts, and then a left on
      Reed St (the alley-like street) to get to Rhode Island Ave.
      Jen

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Burke, Patrick \(MPD\)"
      <Patrick.Burke@d...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the information Nathan. I'll have a sergeant ride up
      there this morning and check it out. At our next CORE meeting, I'll
      advise DCRA of the matter in order to check on the legitimacy of
      these businesses. Pending the sergeant's observations, I can also
      check with DDOT to see if we can get speed signs posted (as alley
      speeds are 15 mph). Please give me a call or contact me at the
      below listed e-mail when you get a chance. I'd like to get
      specifics about times of occurrence and days of the week so that we
      can target our enforcement efforts.