RE: [MPD-5D] Alleyway restrictions

  • Burke, Patrick (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2005
      Thanks for the information Nathan. I'll have a sergeant ride up there this morning and check it out. At our next CORE meeting, I'll advise DCRA of the matter in order to check on the legitimacy of these businesses. Pending the sergeant's observations, I can also check with DDOT to see if we can get speed signs posted (as alley speeds are 15 mph). Please give me a call or contact me at the below listed e-mail when you get a chance. I'd like to get specifics about times of occurrence and days of the week so that we can target our enforcement efforts.

      Captain Patrick A. Burke
      Fifth District, MPDC
      Buckle Up, Drive Safe and Make a Difference!

      Office: 202 727-4488
      Pager: 888 523-7099
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2005
        I second Nathan's statements about the speeding the alley. From my
        experiences, I see the worst of it during the morning and evening
        rush. Franklin gets backed up at the light at 10th & Franklin, so
        cars cut down the alley, make a right on Evarts, and then a left on
        Reed St (the alley-like street) to get to Rhode Island Ave.
        Jen

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Burke, Patrick \(MPD\)"