Benning Road Rush Hour Bailout Traffic

  • Patrick Nelson
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2008

      Usually I leave for work long before the traffic gets back on Benning Road in the mornings. I stayed home Monday and left late this morning and both days noticed that there is a LOT of additional early morning traffic with MARYLAND plates racing down my section of 19th Street NE.  Not only are they speeding through my little corner of the neighborhood, they are also coming up 21st Street THE WRONG WAY! For many their object seems to be cutting off the section so they can make a northerly turn onto 17th Street.

      Apparently they cannot be patient enough to make it from 20th and Benning where the construction begins to 15th & Benning where the construction stops. Is there something MPD-5D Can do to eliminate this new traffic hazard?

      Thanks.

      Patrick

      1900 Block of H Street NE

    • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2008

        Lamar – please ensure that the Fifth District monitors this traffic flow for this is very dangerous…

        Mr Moneme….is there a timeline for Benning Rd and message boards that can assist with below situation…

        DIANE C GROOMES

        Assistant Chief of Police

        801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

        202 576-6660 office

        202-996-3386 pager

        diane.groomes@...

      • MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008
          Reminder from: MPD-5D Yahoo! Group

          Title: PSA 504 Monthly Community Meeting

          Date: Saturday March 15, 2008
          Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
          Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Saturday until Wednesday December 31, 2008.
          Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 6 days, 1 minute.
          Location: 1310 Childress St., NE
          Street: March meeting locationTrinidad Recreation Center 1310 Childress St., NE
          Phone: 202 698-0111
          Notes: Meet Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) officers and other members of your community at the scheduled monthly meeting of the Police Service Area (PSA) 504 Neighborhood where crime problems are identified and solutions discussed at PSA meetings. Location Rotates

        • MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2008