Re: [MPD-5D] FW: [MPD-2d] Volunteers needed April 4, 2008 at 4 DC hospitals f...

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2008
      Good Morning Ward Five:

      First, thank you Assistant Chief Groomes for sending this message. Second, I absolutely encourage neighbors to sign up for this exercise. No one wants to think about the ravages of a disaster or emergency preparedness incident and my intention is certainly not to scare anyone. However, knowing what to do in the wake of such an incident empowers all and reduces the impact of such incidents.

      Finally, I am certified by the Red Cross to manage a shelter in the wake of a disaster and have worked with the Emergency Management Agency to prepare my neighbors for a disaster or emergency preparedness incident. I believe our Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners should be among the first to sign up for this training to help you better prepare your constituents. Forewarned is forearmed. If we never actually need to use this training to respond to an actual incident we are still better off having received the training.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson