Re: Watch Group Behavior at Franciscan Monastery

  • isearched
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2005
      Regina,

      My friend has also contacted the Monastery about this behavior. They
      say that the couple probably is NOT affiliated with a neighborhood
      watch group but may be residents who don't know how to properly
      surveil a neighborhood. They are concerned because others may have
      been treated this way, too. My friend did have flowers in her hands
      and spoke to the couple since they kept staring at her. The couple had
      a dog they were walking and were seniors. There was nothing going on
      between the couple except they were walking the dog. That is all.
      There was no reason for this "stare-down" behavior. Who is the ANC
      commissioner in this area who can perhaps identify the couple and
      speak to them about this?

      Again, the Monastery is an important area for visitors from nearby as
      well as far away. My friend is a frequent visitor to the Monastery and
      has seen that area go from one where if you ran out of gas someone
      would take you to the nearest gas station to one where you are being
      suspected of some activity just because you walk on the street. The
      police need to alert the residents to this behavior and inform them
      how to properly react.

      --Tim Greene