Re: [MPD-5D] WGES NOT A SCAM ... But...

  • DCReardon@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2008
      PEPCO has  done this before, I signed up a few years ago for something similar.  I believe they are using this approach because this concept is new to most people, there are alot of questions and explanations to go through.  And many of our neighbors are NOT on the internet.  Someone posted the website for this effort a few days ago....I took a look and its exactly like the program they had a few years ago.  And they have to look at your bill to be able to explain how signing up can/cannot save you money.  As I recall last time this saved me quite a bit of money, but it only lasted for two years.

      I think they are offering $1.10/therm for the next two years, locked in price.......if you want to gamble that energy prices WILL NOT go up in the next two years.

      I personally would rather talk to a real person when making a financial decision like this.