Good response time

  • baringlake
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2005
      I wanted to report a good response time for a 911 call I made this
      weekend. My husband and I were returning home on Sat. around
      lunchtime, and while parking on Evarts St NE, we noticed a teenager
      who seemed to be casing our car. Concerned about a possible
      carjacking, we kept the car running and stayed in the car until he got
      down the street. After safely getting into our house, we watched the
      teenager peer into a few cars on the corner, finally obtaining access
      to one (but he didn't seem to be able to start it). We called 911 to
      alert the police. They were there within just a few minutes, and
      conducted a search for the teenager, who had gone down another block
      after failing to start the car on our block. They spent time talking
      to people, asking if they'd seen the kid.

      I don't know the officers' names, but I wanted to say that we
      appreciated the fast response time and the follow-up work. Keep it
      up! :)
      Jen
    • Burke, Patrick (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2005
        Thanks for the follow up Jen. Always nice to hear positive reports.

        Captain Patrick A. Burke
        Fifth District, MPDC
        Buckle Up, Drive Safe and Make a Difference!

        Office: 202 727-4488
        Pager: 888 523-7099