Ms. Edna Ross

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008

      I want to take this opportunity to express to the residents and police officers of the Fifth District my sincere appreciation for the life of Ms. Edna Ross, whose service will be held on Saturday.  There is a void in the community right now.  The vacancy announcement should read, "community activist/crime-fighting partner needed", must develop a strong partnership with officers of the Fifth District to address crime concerns and improve the quality of life in the neighborhoods, must be willing to work around the clock with other community activists and serve as the eyes and the ears of the community with no days off.  This position requires a strong backbone, a smiling face  and a loving heart. Large shoes to fill.   Ms. Ross will truly be missed.

      Cathy Lanier

      Chief of Police

    • cninney@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
        Ms. Ross will be missed mostly by the PSA 503 MPD commmunity.  Chief what I will miss most is the fact that every morning I received a call from Ms. Ross about prostitutes or whatever was going on in the 3100 block of Rhode Island Avenue NE.  I ask of the Fifth District community, who will take her place?  Who will call when they see any suspicious activity?

        I will miss seeing Ms. Ross in her window that she loved so much!!!  She lead by example!!!

        There is much sorrow in my heart, as we lay to rest a community icon!

        I want to take this opportunity to express to the residents and police officers of the Fifth District my sincere appreciation for the life of Ms. Edna Ross, whose service will be held on Saturday.  There is a void in the community right now.  The vacancy announcement should read, "community activist/crime- fighting partner needed", must develop a strong partnership with officers of the Fifth District to address crime concerns and improve the quality of life in the neighborhoods, must be willing to work around the clock with other community activists and serve as the eyes and the ears of the community with no days off.  This position requires a strong backbone, a smiling face  and a loving heart. Large shoes to fill.   Ms. Ross will truly be missed.

        Cathy Lanier
        Chief of Police

        More new features than ever. Check out the new AIM(R) Mail!