Corner of Brentwood and Rhode Island

  • kodaiwai2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hi 5D,

      This may or may not be a police matter, but I made a right hand turn
      going NE from Brentwood onto Rhode Island this evening and blew out
      both tires on the right hand side of my car. From the look of the
      damage, there was either a major glass break there, or someone
      intentionally put something in the road. It was too dark to tell and I
      didn't go back to have a look. This is more damange than a DC pothole
      could do, though I did put in a service request anyway.

      Just wanted to let you know in case someone else has issues there. It
      is a pretty heavy intersection and a turn I make every day without any
      problems.

      Best,

      Dave on Kearney
    • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
        RE: [MPD-5D] Corner of Brentwood and Rhode Island

        Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  We will have dpw respond out for sweep of roadway or repair

        This may or may not be a police matter, but I made a right hand turn
        going NE from Brentwood onto Rhode Island this evening and blew out
        both tires on the right hand side of my car. From the look of the
        damage, there was either a major glass break there, or someone
        intentionally put something in the road. It was too dark to tell and I
        didn't go back to have a look. This is more damange than a DC pothole
        could do, though I did put in a service request anyway.

        Just wanted to let you know in case someone else has issues there. It
        is a pretty heavy intersection and a turn I make every day without any
        problems.

        Best,

        Dave on Kearney

      • Robinson, Charnette (MPD)
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008

          Dave,

          I will be working the midnight tour this evening and will conduct a canvass of this area.  I will advise you of my observations and will also make the appropriate notifications should a steal plate need to be readjusted. You may also contact me directly on 202-698-0120. Captain Charnette Robinson 5D

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008

            I checked this location and did not observe anything unusual.  I am uncertain what may have happened.