Thank you

  • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 18, 2005
      I would like to thank ALL of the people who responded so rapidly to my request for the completion of the police-community survey.  I am still reading the responses and becoming very enlightened by some of the issues faced by residents in this district.  I will hold a special meeting when I have received enough surveys to tally results for discussions on available resources and neighborhood best practices in crime prevention.  This is very helpful for a community outreach coordinator who wants to bring the best available response to crime concerns to this area.

      For those of you who would like the opportunity to complete a survey, it is not too late.  The survey has been attached for your convenience.  You can email it back to me or fax it back to me.

      Thank You.

      Yvonne Smith
      Community Outreach Coordinator
      Metropolitan Police Department
      Commander's Office
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      576.8871 office
      724.8649 fax
      497.0814 MPD Cell
    • susannmiller
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 18, 2007
        I saw some officers out for "beat on the street", walking the
        neighborhood. Always nice to see! Thank you!
      • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 18, 2007
          Thanks so much and I am so happy that the officers assigned to FULL STRIDE are doing a great job!!

          ________________________________

          I saw some officers out for "beat on the street", walking the
          neighborhood. Always nice to see! Thank you!
        • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 18, 2007
            RE: [MPD-5D] Thank you

            Excellant

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 19, 2007
              I've also seen the Bloomingdale footbeat Ofc Light out and about.
              I thought the interaction was particularly interesting because it was bringing neighbors together that might not necessarily speak.

              I've also see Ofc Black several times - in his squad car and at several community meetings.  Seeing the same Officers repeatedly is a very welcome sight.
              Ofc Black has just "dropped by"  at least one community event that I know of  (the McMillan site walk through last weekend).
              You know we love to see MPD take an interest in our community.

              It was certainly good to see the 5D officers from rookie to Sgt Woodard to the incoming and outgoing Commander(s) Green recognized at the CAC awards banquet last night.
              To include  Truxton circle officers McCollough (sp) and Babcock that always come - and are always visible.  I know PSA 501 East and the HTJ Rec center speaks equally high of Ofc Freeman.
              Pointing out these by name in no way detracts from the others.   These are just a few.

              Thanks!

              Sara

              Bloomingdale
              1st and W NW

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 19, 2007

                Thank you for the positive comments!!! 5D is doing an outstanding job!

                DIANE C GROOMES

                Assistant Chief of Police

                801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

                202 576-6660 office

                202-996-3386 pager

                diane.groomes@...

                ____________ _________ _________ __

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 23, 2009
                  I wanted to thank Lieutenant Roch and Officer Wright for talking with the Hanover Civic Association meeting last night. We really appreciate all your hard work every day making the neighborhood safer!!

                  Robin Knight
                • Steven Conn
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 6, 2011
                    Dear Commander Solberg, please see a note below, from my tennant thanking MPD and you for the prompt response in preventing further violence and drug dealing mayhem in the 300 block of W Street NE by placing the light tower in the block. Please keep the effort up to help residents maintain a liveable community!

                    Be safe out there and best regards, Steven

                    When we got home just before 10:00pm the light truck was up and running... Shinning up all the street! It was great to have the hum of a police van versus the chaos of the gunfire and crack dealers... lol... anyway thanks for everything that you are doing!
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 6, 2011
                      Thanks for your comments.  We appreciate hearing about things when there is NO crime and things are quiet!

                      If you SEE something, SAY something.