Re: Fwd: ward 5 neighborhood services action plan

  • garett_jonesii
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
      Core Teams seem impressive. Are they working in some of the wards
      that have vacancies, like Ward 5?

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, wrhuston47@a... wrote:
      > ms. francine edmonds
      > ward 5 neighborhood services
      > 64 ny ave., ne
      > 4th floor
      > wdc 20002
      >
      > ms. edmonds -
      >
      > thank you for your good work covering the responsibilities of the
      ward 5
      > neighborhood services (ns) office since todd's resignation.
      >
      > how can citizens access the current ns action plan? what, if
      anything, can
      > we do to help you?
      >
      > winnie r. huston
      > psa 501
      > _wrhuston47@a..._ (mailto:wrhuston47@a...)
      >
      > Informative News: Online Series for Community Leaders (Article 1):
      Highlighting Police Partners

      > Neighborhood Services (Ward Core Teams) -Photos Below
      >
      > A Neighborhood Services ["Core Team"] is at work in each ward to
      coordinate activities requiring action from multiple agencies, to
      help solve recurring problems in the ward, and to act as the liaison
      between the District government and the community. You can locate
      your Neighborhood Service Coordinator from the Neighborhood Services
      website: http://ons.dc.gov/info/neigh_coordinator.shtm

      > Neighborhood Action makes it easier than ever for residents to get
      the services they need and deserve. By calling (202) 727-1000, you
      can request scheduled services like trash removal, utility repair,
      street cleaning, tree trimming, and more. You can also submit
      requests online. You can see how they've performed in recent months
      by reviewing a recent Scheduled Services Performance Report
      <http://dc.gov/mayor/customer_service/performance_report_monthly.shtm>
      :

      http://dc.gov/mayor/customer_service/core_services.shtm

      > Neighborhood Services Program
      >
      > The District's Neighborhood Services program was initiated after
      residents identified "Healthy and Sustainable Neighborhoods" as one
      of their top priorities. Neighborhood Action gives neighborhoods top
      priority. We're building a brighter future for everyone by improving
      service delivery and working together to get the job done.

      > The Neighborhood Services Initiative is a partnership between the
      community and District agencies. Together agencies and residents
      identify, prioritize, analyze, and plan how to solve persistent
      neighborhood problems. This information becomes the basis for the
      work plans created for each ward. Agencies also work to improve their
      own services by publishing and adhering to regular schedules.

      > Agencies currently involved in the initiative are: Alcohol Beverage
      Regulation Administration (ABRA), Customer Service Operations (CSO),
      Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), Department of
      Employment Services (DOES), Department of Health (DOH), Addiction
      Prevention and Recovery Administration (APRA), Environmental Health
      Administration - Bureau of Food, Drug, and Radiation Protection -
      Food Protection Division (DOH-FOOD), Bureau of Community Hygiene -
      Rodent Control Division (DOH - RODENT), Department of Housing and
      Community Development (DHCD), Department of Human Services (DHS),
      Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Parks and Recreation
      (DPR), Department of Public Works (DPW), Department of Transportation
      (DDOT), Fire and Emergency Management Services (FEMS), Metropolitan
      Police Department (MPD), Office of Corporation Counsel (OCC), Office
      of Community Affairs (OCA), Office of Planning (OP), District of
      Columbia Housing Authority (DCHA), and the Emergency Management
      Agency (EMA). We also work with the United States Attorney Office
      (USAO), District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS), and DC Office of
      Tax and Revenue (OTR).

      http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1239,q,553339,mpdcNav_GID,1539.asp
      > http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1238,q,542146.asp
      <http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1239,q,553339,mpdcNav_GID,1r539.as
      p>
      > http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1238,q,542167.asp
      >
      > Source of Information about Neighborhood Services:
      http://www.neighborhoodaction.dc.gov/neighborhoodaction/cwp/view,a,116
      2,q,481092,neighborhoodactionNav,|30113|.asp