Stolen and abandoned car

  • Peter Katel
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2007
      To District 5: A 4-door Chevrolet Classic - aparerently stolen - was
      abandoned about two weeks ago in the alley running south between 308
      and 304 Q St. NW. My neighbors tell me that it was left there by
      someone who evaded a police chase. The car's tags have been removed,
      and the glove box was left open. Two of my neighbors tell me they
      phoned police (non-emergency) to have the vehicle removed. There has
      been no response. We don't want this alley to become known as a good
      place to dump stolen cars - but so far, that seems to be the case.

      Thank you for your attention.

      Peter Katel
    • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2007

        I will advise 5d auto theft to check on this car and do special attn for this area if they are dumping stolen cars –thanks for bringing this to our attention,..

        DIANE C GROOMES

        Assistant Chief of Police

        801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

        202 576-6660 office