Re: [MPD-5D] request info for our upcoming All hands on DECK!!

  • Mac Chatham
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007
      The area surrounding the intersection of NY Ave. and
      North Capitol, in front of and across from Big Ben
      Liquors, it a hot spot for drug dealing and loitering.
      As mentioned before, the unit block of N St. NE
      towards the N. Capitol side has very active drug
      dealing every morning. Attention to this area would
      be much appreciated.
      thanks!

      --- kimberly Niono <kimberlyniono@...> wrote:

      > Commander Groomes
      > There is an alley between 1st and North Capitol on
      > Florida Avenue, NW that I would like to have
      > patrolled. Directly behind the Tire company, I have
      > noticed that people are in a space doing drugs and
      > Lord knows what else. I would like very much for
      > this alley to be patrolled.
      >

      > "Groomes, Diane (MPD)" <diane.groomes@...> wrote:
      > We would like to let everyone know we
      > have an ALL HANDS ON DECK scheduled for next Friday
      > and Saturday – thus all of MPD will be working and
      > they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing
      > operations, traffic enforcement, footpatrol, warrant
      > service and more
      >
      > We would like any citizen that has a particular
      > area and/or location/apt building/drug market/house
      > that they would like us to focus on to submit the
      > address to us -- you may use the listserve or email
      > me direct at diane.groomes@...
      >
      > DIANE C GROOMES
      > Assistant Chief of Police
      > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
      > Metropolitan Police Department
      > 801 Shepherd St NW, 20011
      > 202 576-6660 office
      > 202-996-3386 pager
      > diane.groomes@...
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them
      > fast with Yahoo! Search.

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007

        I will have the foot beat officers in this area respond and address this issue.  There are several foot beat officers assigned to this area.

        "Groomes, Diane (MPD)" <diane.groomes@ dc.gov> wrote:

        We would like to let everyone know we have an ALL HANDS ON DECK scheduled for next Friday and Saturday – thus all of MPD will be working and they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing operations, traffic enforcement, footpatrol, warrant service and more

        We would like any citizen that has a particular area and/or location/apt building/drug market/house that they would like us to focus on to submit the address to us  -- you may use the listserve or email me direct at diane.groomes@ dc.gov

        DIANE C GROOMES

        Assistant Chief of Police

        801 Shepherd St NW , 20011

        202 576-6660 office

        202-996-3386 pager

      • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007

          Will pass this on to Commander Greene and his PSA team to address during AHOD and also after this to reduce the drug market

          DIANE C GROOMES

          Assistant Chief of Police

          801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

          202 576-6660 office

          202-996-3386 pager

          diane.groomes@...

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007

            I have cc’d Michael Bonds, director of CSOSA who can come out to the PSA meetings or community meetings to explain CSOSA and who in your area is under supervision. CSOSA partners with MPD and we do accountability tours on those on supervision..  also 5d has been advised to add the Trinidad locations to their AHOD list – thank you for your inquiry

            DIANE C GROOMES

            Assistant Chief of Police

            801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

            202 576-6660 office

            202-996-3386 pager

            diane.groomes@...

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007

              The 5d PSA team has this on their list of concerns as well as Major Narcotics Branch

              DIANE C GROOMES

              Assistant Chief of Police

              801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

              202 576-6660 office

              202-996-3386 pager

              diane.groomes@...

              --- kimberly Niono <kimberlyniono@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              > Commander Groomes
              > There is an alley between 1st and North Capitol on
              > Florida Avenue, NW that I would like to have
              > patrolled. Directly behind the Tire company, I have
              > noticed that people are in a space doing drugs and
              > Lord knows what else. I would like very much for
              > this alley to be patrolled.
              >

              > " Groomes, Diane
              (MPD)" <diane.groomes@ dc.gov> wrote:
              > We would like to let everyone know we
              > have an ALL HANDS ON DECK scheduled for next Friday
              > and Saturday – thus all of MPD will be working and
              > they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing
              > operations, traffic enforcement, footpatrol, warrant
              > service and more
              >
              > We would like any citizen that has a particular
              > area and/or location/apt building/drug market/house
              > that they would like us to focus on to submit the
              > address to us -- you may use the listserve or email
              > me direct at diane.groomes@ dc.gov
              >
              > DIANE C GROOMES
              > Assistant Chief of Police
              > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
              > Metropolitan Police Department
              > 801 Shepherd St NW ,
              20011
              > 202 576-6660 office
              > 202-996-3386 pager
              > diane.groomes@ dc.gov
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them
              > fast with Yahoo! Search.

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?

            • tvehunt
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                Good Morning Asst. Chief, Groomes and Commander, Lamar Greene

                I would like to have the AHOD here at First and O Street also at
                First and P Street NW. Eventhough the officers are already doing a
                good job by monitoring and patrolling the neighborhood I do see from
                time to time, that the drug boys are still trying to do their thing
                on the slide thinking that no one is not seeing them in the alley's
                behind the unit block of O Street NW and the other right where the
                S.O.M.E house is located.

                Thank you very much and have a good day.

                --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Groomes, Diane \(MPD\)"
                <diane.groomes@...> wrote:

                > We would like to let everyone know we have an ALL HANDS ON DECK
                > scheduled for next Friday and Saturday - thus all of MPD will be
                working
                > and they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing operations,
                traffic
                > enforcement, footpatrol, warrant service and more
                >

                > We would like any citizen that has a particular area and/or
                location/apt
                > building/drug market/house that they would like us to focus on to
                submit
                > the address to us -- you may use the listserve or email me direct
                at
                > diane.groomes@...
                >

                > DIANE C GROOMES
                >
                > Assistant Chief of Police
                >
                > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
                >
                > Metropolitan Police Department
                >
                > 801 Shepherd St NW, 20011
                >
                > 202 576-6660 office
                >
                > 202-996-3386 pager
                >
                > diane.groomes@...

              • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007

                  We have planned to be in that area during the AHOD imitative

                  <diane.groomes@ ...> wrote:

                  > We would like to let everyone know we have an ALL HANDS ON DECK
                  > scheduled for next Friday and Saturday - thus all of MPD will be
                  working
                  > and they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing operations,
                  traffic
                  > enforcement, footpatrol, warrant service and more
                  >

                  > We would like any citizen that has a particular area and/or
                  location/apt
                  > building/drug market/house that they would like us to focus on to
                  submit
                  > the address to us -- you may use the listserve or email me direct
                  at
                  > diane.groomes@ ...
                  >

                  > DIANE C GROOMES
                  >
                  > Assistant Chief of Police
                  >
                  > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
                  >
                  > Metropolitan Police Department
                  >
                  > 801 Shepherd St NW ,
                  20011

                  > 202 576-6660 office
                  >
                  > 202-996-3386 pager
                  >
                  > diane.groomes@ ...

                • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 6, 2007
                    RE: [MPD-5D] Re: request info for our upcoming All hands on DECK!!

                    We already plan to saturate that area, see you out there!

                    --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <mailto:MPD-5D%40yahoogroups.com> , "Groomes, Diane \(MPD\)"
                    <diane.groomes@...> wrote:

                    > We would like to let everyone know we have an ALL HANDS ON DECK
                    > scheduled for next Friday and Saturday - thus all of MPD will be
                    working
                    > and they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing operations,
                    traffic
                    > enforcement, footpatrol, warrant service and more
                    >

                    > We would like any citizen that has a particular area and/or
                    location/apt
                    > building/drug market/house that they would like us to focus on to
                    submit
                    > the address to us -- you may use the listserve or email me direct
                    at
                    > diane.groomes@...
                    >

                    > DIANE C GROOMES
                    >
                    > Assistant Chief of Police
                    >
                    > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
                    >
                    > Metropolitan Police Department
                    >
                    > 801 Shepherd St NW, 20011
                    >
                    > 202 576-6660 office
                    >
                    > 202-996-3386 pager
                    >
                    > diane.groomes@...

                  • Judy Ross
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 6, 2007
                      Commander Greene,

                      Though we live in the community, the closest my daughter can park and walk to the Brookland station is around 14th & Otis.  Even with all the reports of robberies in that area she never sees police presence in the mornings or evenings when walking to/from the metro.  Can we get more focus in that area as well... not just during the all hands on deck initiative?

                      Thanks,
                      Judy on 28th