Re: [MPD-5D] request info for our upcoming All hands on DECK!!

  • Deborah Golden
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007
      How do you find out who's under CSOSA's purview?

      Also, the area around Neal and Staples and Orren seems to have quite a lot of corner activity in the evenings and at night. Extra focus would be appraciated. Thank you.

      -Deb Golden

      On 12/2/07, khenderson029@... <khenderson029@...> wrote:

      Good Evening Assistant Chief Groomes:

      Please feel free to have officers focus on the alleys between the 1000 blocks of 17th Place and 17th Street, NE and M Street, from 17th to 21 Street, NE. Drug dealers under CSOSA's and recently released from CSOSA's purview are selling at these locations between 4:00 p.m. and midnight. There is also open-air dealing in the 1100 block of 16th Street, NE during the day and early evening. Thank you.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson

      Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

    • kimberly Niono
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007
        Commander Groomes
        There is an alley between 1st and North Capitol on Florida Avenue, NW that I would like to have patrolled.  Directly behind the Tire company, I have noticed that people are in a space doing drugs and Lord knows what else.  I would like very much for this alley to be patrolled.

        "Groomes, Diane (MPD)" <diane.groomes@...> wrote:
        We would like to let everyone know we have an ALL HANDS ON DECK scheduled for next Friday and Saturday – thus all of MPD will be working and they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing operations, traffic enforcement, footpatrol, warrant service and more
        We would like any citizen that has a particular area and/or location/apt building/drug market/house that they would like us to focus on to submit the address to us  -- you may use the listserve or email me direct at diane.groomes@ dc.gov
        DIANE C GROOMES
        Assistant Chief of Police
        801 Shepherd St NW, 20011
        202 576-6660 office
        202-996-3386 pager

      • arodeojock@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007
          There is a lot of drug activity in the block of 18th Street NE between H & I Streets.

          And of course Langston can always you a few extra pairs of eyes.

          +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

          �Those who would renegotiate the boundaries between church and state must therefore answer a difficult question: Why would we trade a system that has served us so well for one that has served others so poorly?�
          - Sandra Day O'Connor, Van Orden v. Perry and McCreary County v. ACLU

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007
            The area surrounding the intersection of NY Ave. and
            North Capitol, in front of and across from Big Ben
            Liquors, it a hot spot for drug dealing and loitering.
            As mentioned before, the unit block of N St. NE
            towards the N. Capitol side has very active drug
            dealing every morning. Attention to this area would
            be much appreciated.
            thanks!

            --- kimberly Niono <kimberlyniono@...> wrote:

            > Commander Groomes
            > There is an alley between 1st and North Capitol on
            > Florida Avenue, NW that I would like to have
            > patrolled. Directly behind the Tire company, I have
            > noticed that people are in a space doing drugs and
            > Lord knows what else. I would like very much for
            > this alley to be patrolled.
            >

            > "Groomes, Diane (MPD)" <diane.groomes@...> wrote:
            > We would like to let everyone know we
            > have an ALL HANDS ON DECK scheduled for next Friday
            > and Saturday – thus all of MPD will be working and
            > they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing
            > operations, traffic enforcement, footpatrol, warrant
            > service and more
            >
            > We would like any citizen that has a particular
            > area and/or location/apt building/drug market/house
            > that they would like us to focus on to submit the
            > address to us -- you may use the listserve or email
            > me direct at diane.groomes@...
            >
            > DIANE C GROOMES
            > Assistant Chief of Police
            > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
            > Metropolitan Police Department
            > 801 Shepherd St NW, 20011
            > 202 576-6660 office
            > 202-996-3386 pager
            > diane.groomes@...
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them
            > fast with Yahoo! Search.

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007

              I will have the foot beat officers in this area respond and address this issue.  There are several foot beat officers assigned to this area.

[...]

            • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007

                Will pass this on to Commander Greene and his PSA team to address during AHOD and also after this to reduce the drug market

                DIANE C GROOMES

                Assistant Chief of Police

                801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

                202 576-6660 office

                202-996-3386 pager

                diane.groomes@...

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007

                  I have cc’d Michael Bonds, director of CSOSA who can come out to the PSA meetings or community meetings to explain CSOSA and who in your area is under supervision. CSOSA partners with MPD and we do accountability tours on those on supervision..  also 5d has been advised to add the Trinidad locations to their AHOD list – thank you for your inquiry

                  DIANE C GROOMES

                  Assistant Chief of Police

                  801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

                  202 576-6660 office

                  202-996-3386 pager

                  diane.groomes@...

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007

                    The 5d PSA team has this on their list of concerns as well as Major Narcotics Branch

                    DIANE C GROOMES

                    Assistant Chief of Police

                    801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

                    202 576-6660 office

                    202-996-3386 pager

                    diane.groomes@...

                    --- kimberly Niono <kimberlyniono@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                    > Commander Groomes
                    > There is an alley between 1st and North Capitol on
                    > Florida Avenue, NW that I would like to have
                    > patrolled. Directly behind the Tire company, I have
                    > noticed that people are in a space doing drugs and
                    > Lord knows what else. I would like very much for
                    > this alley to be patrolled.
                    >

                    > " Groomes, Diane
                    (MPD)" <diane.groomes@ dc.gov> wrote:
                    > We would like to let everyone know we
                    > have an ALL HANDS ON DECK scheduled for next Friday
                    > and Saturday – thus all of MPD will be working and
                    > they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing
                    > operations, traffic enforcement, footpatrol, warrant
                    > service and more
                    >
                    > We would like any citizen that has a particular
                    > area and/or location/apt building/drug market/house
                    > that they would like us to focus on to submit the
                    > address to us -- you may use the listserve or email
                    > me direct at diane.groomes@ dc.gov
                    >
                    > DIANE C GROOMES
                    > Assistant Chief of Police
                    > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
                    > Metropolitan Police Department
                    > 801 Shepherd St NW ,
                    20011
                    > 202 576-6660 office
                    > 202-996-3386 pager
                    > diane.groomes@ dc.gov
                    >

                    > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                    > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them
                    > fast with Yahoo! Search.

                    Looking for last minute shopping deals?

                  • tvehunt
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                      Good Morning Asst. Chief, Groomes and Commander, Lamar Greene

                      I would like to have the AHOD here at First and O Street also at
                      First and P Street NW. Eventhough the officers are already doing a
                      good job by monitoring and patrolling the neighborhood I do see from
                      time to time, that the drug boys are still trying to do their thing
                      on the slide thinking that no one is not seeing them in the alley's
                      behind the unit block of O Street NW and the other right where the
                      S.O.M.E house is located.

                      Thank you very much and have a good day.

                      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Groomes, Diane \(MPD\)"
                      <diane.groomes@...> wrote:

                      > We would like to let everyone know we have an ALL HANDS ON DECK
                      > scheduled for next Friday and Saturday - thus all of MPD will be
                      working
                      > and they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing operations,
                      traffic
                      > enforcement, footpatrol, warrant service and more
                      >

                      > We would like any citizen that has a particular area and/or
                      location/apt
                      > building/drug market/house that they would like us to focus on to
                      submit
                      > the address to us -- you may use the listserve or email me direct
                      at
                      > diane.groomes@...
                      >

                      > DIANE C GROOMES
                      >
                      > Assistant Chief of Police
                      >
                      > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
                      >
                      > Metropolitan Police Department
                      >
                      > 801 Shepherd St NW, 20011
                      >
                      > 202 576-6660 office
                      >
                      > 202-996-3386 pager
                      >
                      > diane.groomes@...

                    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007

                        We have planned to be in that area during the AHOD imitative

                        <diane.groomes@ ...> wrote:

                        > We would like to let everyone know we have an ALL HANDS ON DECK
                        > scheduled for next Friday and Saturday - thus all of MPD will be
                        working
                        > and they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing operations,
                        traffic
                        > enforcement, footpatrol, warrant service and more
                        >

                        > We would like any citizen that has a particular area and/or
                        location/apt
                        > building/drug market/house that they would like us to focus on to
                        submit
                        > the address to us -- you may use the listserve or email me direct
                        at
                        > diane.groomes@ ...
                        >

                        > DIANE C GROOMES
                        >
                        > Assistant Chief of Police
                        >
                        > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
                        >
                        > Metropolitan Police Department
                        >
                        > 801 Shepherd St NW ,
                        20011

                        > 202 576-6660 office
                        >
                        > 202-996-3386 pager
                        >
                        > diane.groomes@ ...

                      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 6, 2007
                          RE: [MPD-5D] Re: request info for our upcoming All hands on DECK!!

                          We already plan to saturate that area, see you out there!

                          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <mailto:MPD-5D%40yahoogroups.com> , "Groomes, Diane \(MPD\)"
                          <diane.groomes@...> wrote:

                          > We would like to let everyone know we have an ALL HANDS ON DECK
                          > scheduled for next Friday and Saturday - thus all of MPD will be
                          working
                          > and they will be placed in the neighborhoods doing operations,
                          traffic
                          > enforcement, footpatrol, warrant service and more
                          >

                          > We would like any citizen that has a particular area and/or
                          location/apt
                          > building/drug market/house that they would like us to focus on to
                          submit
                          > the address to us -- you may use the listserve or email me direct
                          at
                          > diane.groomes@...
                          >

                          > DIANE C GROOMES
                          >
                          > Assistant Chief of Police
                          >
                          > Patrol Services and School Security Bureau
                          >
                          > Metropolitan Police Department
                          >
                          > 801 Shepherd St NW, 20011
                          >
                          > 202 576-6660 office
                          >
                          > 202-996-3386 pager
                          >
                          > diane.groomes@...

                        • Judy Ross
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 6, 2007
                            Commander Greene,

                            Though we live in the community, the closest my daughter can park and walk to the Brookland station is around 14th & Otis.  Even with all the reports of robberies in that area she never sees police presence in the mornings or evenings when walking to/from the metro.  Can we get more focus in that area as well... not just during the all hands on deck initiative?

                            Thanks,
                            Judy on 28th