Re: [MPD-5D] Speeding through Fort Lincoln

  • cninney@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 20, 2007
      We will increase our traffic enforcement in this area.
      Lt. Hughes

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 20, 2007
        Commander,

        We've been waiting about a year now for speed bumps that were approved (by signature petition of 100% of the area residents) ... how long does it take for DDOT to act on the order? Shouldn't Ft Lincoln residents be prepared to wait just as long?

        Rob
        N St NW

        The first step in getting speed bumps is to get a petition signed by 50% of the area residents, then DDOT will make the order, I will have Lt Hughes bring more info. To your next PSA meeting !!!

        I saw the other post regarding speeding mention the speed bumps, those are a great idea.  I have also found the rumble strips very effective and would certainly slow the traffic down on the winding Ft. Lincoln Road .

[...]

      • Kerslyn Featherstone
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 21, 2007
          Thanks Lt. Hughes!  The time that needs the most enforcement is after 5:00 p.m. and around 7:00 a.m. when people are coming and going to work.

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 21, 2007
            Thank you I gave this information to PSA 503 midnight Sergeant Newkirk, if ever you need assistance after 10pm you can call her on 202-698-4688. This does not replace 911.

            cninney@netscape. net wrote:
[...]

          • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 22, 2007
              RE: [MPD-5D] Speeding through Fort Lincoln

              I don't know how long DDOT will take to respond being that they are a different agency. We will bring them to the table as we did in your area and hopefully get them to address the issue as soon as possible.