Re: activity in and around lincoln rd.& u st. ne

  • wrhuston47@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2005
      captain scott -

      i sent the email below on 24 mar 05 asking for an update on mpd's plan to address issues in my immediate neighborhood in psa 501. to date, i've received no response.

      i joined this listserv about six weeks ago and i've noticed that captain burke and his officers in psa 502 are very responsive to inquiries.

      please let me know what's going on. unfortunately, i can't attend the psa 501 meeting on thursday but will be at tonight's psa 502 meeting.

      i appreciate mpd's hard work and i want to help when i can. thank you -

      winnie r. huston
      152 u st., ne

      In a message dated 3/24/2005 8:01:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Wrhuston47 writes:
      i, too, am unable to attend tonight's community meeting but i'm very concerned about
          1) the shootings on and around u street, ne (between summit pl. and 2nd st.) and
          2) the young men who hang out on the street & in the alleys near the corner of 2nd & uhland (off rhode island ave.) and near r st. & lincoln rd. i don't know what these guys are up to but they make some of us in the neighborhood uncomfortable. their demeanor alternates between silent and scowling to loud and profane. they litter, and i've smelled marijuana smoke as i've walked past the groups.

      what are mpd's plans to address these issues and what can concerned citizens do to help?

      In a message dated 3/24/2005 11:34:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, thomasfultonusa@... writes:
      Hello Yvonne,

      I can not attend tonight, I had planned to attend, but I must attend to an important personal matter.  I am trying to touch base with Commander Green regarding:

      *Orange Hat staff assignment for my SMD 5C03
      *Template letter, that BP Gas station can use to request a police clean sweep

      Thanks for your assistance on this matter.

      Tom Fulton
      Commissioner 5C03
      202-230-9295 cell

      Commander's Community Mtg (CAC)

      Date:Thursday March 24, 2005 (Light Refreshments Served)
      Time:7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
      Author:  Community Outreach Coordinator
      Repeat:This event repeats on the fourth Thursday of every month, until Monday October 24, 2005.
      Type:Meeting
      Reminder:There are reminders set for 6 hours and 1 day before this event.
      Location:
      Fifth District Station- 1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Street:
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      City/State/Zip:
      Washington, DC
      Phone:
      202-727-4510

      Please join other residents in the Fifth District for the one meeting in the month, where we meet with the 5D Commander and residents from other Police Service Areas.

      Citizen Advisory Council Meeting
      Art Slater, Chairperson

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Yahoo! Groups Links