report of 4 juveniles assaulting a resident on 1st St NW in PSA 501

  • scott@scott-roberts.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      I received the Email below today from some brand-new Bloomingdale residents.  I have advised them about this MPD-5D list.  So hopefully, they will subscribe their Email addresses to this list and participate.

      For now, I am posting this message for them regarding an incident that they report occurred this past Monday, October 29, 2007.

      "My housemate and I were walking the dog last monday night around 6 and saw 4 juveniles assault and attempt to rob a resident walking home from work in broad daylight between Seaton and S on 1st street NW heading towards the Big Bear.   We both called the police as did several other motorists and other people walking at that time. It took 12 minutes for the police to arrive on the scene. I tracked the youth to try and direct the police but they escaped down an alley.

      Since then we have spotted this gang of thugs in the park between U and V and N capitol and 1 st NW.  We have called the police regarding second sights but to no end. The group is still roaming the streets. I can positively identify 2 of the 4.   And having spoken to other residents in the neighborhood I have discovered that they live in the neighborhood.
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007

        This is unfortunate but excellent that you can identify these suspects.  Please call Sgt Parker at 202 698 0167 of the Fifth District detective’s office.  We will coordinate a second sighting effort where we can get these subjects identified.  We have had many robberies in this area by a pack of juveniles, lets work together to get these people off the street.