RE: [MPD-5D] shooting at 10th & Franklin NE?

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

      TO THE CITIZENS OF THE FIFTH DISTRICT --- UPDATE--- WE HAVE MADE THREE MORE GUN ARREST IN THE TRINIDAD AREA AS A RESULT OF THE OFFICERS HARD WORK AND THE GUN UNITS EFFORTS IN THAT AREA.  THAT GIVES A TOTAL OF FIVE GUNS REMOVED FROM THAT AREA IN THE PAST WEEK!!!! EFFORTS WILL CONTINUE!!!

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
        Thanks very much for the update on this. I'm glad you have been making progress, but I
        assume you haven't arrested the shooter?

        I really appreciate you keeping us informed.

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar \(MPD\)" <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

        > On Friday, November 2, 2007, at 2135 hours, members of the Fifth
        > District responded to the 2900 block of 10th Street NE (10th and
        > Franklin Street NE) for the sounds of gunshots.
        >

        > While the responding officer was canvassing at this location, another
        > call for service was dispatched to the front of 4015 9th Street NE for a
        > shooting. Upon arrival to this location, the members located an
        > unconscious male suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The DCFD
        > responded and all life saving efforts were attempted and proved futile.
        > The decedent was transported to the OCME.
        >
        > The decedent was identified as: Rick Kearney, B/M, 24 years of age,
        > (residing in SE Wash DC)
        >

        > It should be noted that the driver of the vehicle that the decedent was
        > traveling in has been arrested and charge with two weapons charges.
        > The investigations is on going, and making excellent progress at this
        > time!!

      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
          RE: [MPD-5D] Re: shooting at 10th & Franklin NE?

          We have not charged anyone with the murder at this time, but we have a possible suspect.  I will keep you informed