shooting at 10th & Franklin NE?

  • k_fw
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
      Just out and about this morning and learned someone was shot and killed at 10th &
      Franklin NE. Could officers post any information?

      Thanks,
      Kristen
      10th & Douglas
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

        On Friday, November 2, 2007, at 2135 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to the 2900 block of 10th Street NE (10th and Franklin Street NE ) for the sounds of gunshots.

        While the responding officer was canvassing at this location, another call for service was dispatched to the front of 4015 9th Street NE for a shooting.  Upon arrival to this location, the members located an unconscious male suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.  The DCFD responded and all life saving efforts were attempted and proved futile.  The decedent was transported to the OCME.

        The decedent was identified as: Rick Kearney, B/M, 24 years of age, (residing in SE Wash DC)

        It should be noted that the driver of the vehicle that the decedent was traveling in has been arrested and charge with two weapons charges.   The investigations is on going, and making excellent progress at this time!!

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

          TO THE CITIZENS OF THE FIFTH DISTRICT --- UPDATE--- WE HAVE MADE THREE MORE GUN ARREST IN THE TRINIDAD AREA AS A RESULT OF THE OFFICERS HARD WORK AND THE GUN UNITS EFFORTS IN THAT AREA.  THAT GIVES A TOTAL OF FIVE GUNS REMOVED FROM THAT AREA IN THE PAST WEEK!!!! EFFORTS WILL CONTINUE!!!

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
            Thanks very much for the update on this. I'm glad you have been making progress, but I
            assume you haven't arrested the shooter?

            I really appreciate you keeping us informed.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar \(MPD\)" <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

            > On Friday, November 2, 2007, at 2135 hours, members of the Fifth
            > District responded to the 2900 block of 10th Street NE (10th and
            > Franklin Street NE) for the sounds of gunshots.
            >

            > While the responding officer was canvassing at this location, another
            > call for service was dispatched to the front of 4015 9th Street NE for a
            > shooting. Upon arrival to this location, the members located an
            > unconscious male suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The DCFD
            > responded and all life saving efforts were attempted and proved futile.
            > The decedent was transported to the OCME.
            >
            > The decedent was identified as: Rick Kearney, B/M, 24 years of age,
            > (residing in SE Wash DC)
            >

            > It should be noted that the driver of the vehicle that the decedent was
            > traveling in has been arrested and charge with two weapons charges.
            > The investigations is on going, and making excellent progress at this
            > time!!

          • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
              RE: [MPD-5D] Re: shooting at 10th & Franklin NE?

              We have not charged anyone with the murder at this time, but we have a possible suspect.  I will keep you informed