RE: [MPD-5D] 16th Street NE

  • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007

      Yesterday the Gun Recovery unit has hit the Trinidad area and recovered two guns so far – they will continue to be in the area such as below (you will see both uniformed and plain clothes officers working in your area)

      DIANE C GROOMES

      Assistant Chief of Police

      801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

      202 576-6660 office

      202-996-3386 pager

      diane.groomes@...

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 6, 2007

        We conducted a search warrant of a residence in that area.  It resulted in the recovery of a handgun and an arrest.  We have recovered five guns in the past seven days in PSA 504, excellent work from the community and the officers assigned to that PSA.  !!!!

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 6, 2007
          Do you mean that if citizens tell the police they
          suspect firearms or drugs at a certain address that
          the police will have probable cause and the right to
          search the premises? I don't think most DC residents
          know how the law works. Would be nice to see a list of
          infractions that instigate probable cause. Thanks.

          --- "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

          > We conducted a search warrant of a residence in that
          > area. It resulted
          > in the recovery of a handgun and an arrest. We have
          > recovered five guns
          > in the past seven days in PSA 504, excellent work
          > from the community and
          > the officers assigned to that PSA. !!!!
          >

          > ________________________________

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 6, 2007

            No, that is not what I meant, sorry if I confused you.  Citizens have been calling when they hear the sounds of gun shots.  We respond and prepare reports of what was found.  We then analyze the information and deploy the Gun Unit, Vice patrols and uniform patrols to those areas.  We have begun recovering weapons from criminals in those areas.  (Probable cause to do a search warrants requires much more) But the citizen calls give us a better indication where to patrol and look for suspects with guns!!!

            --- "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov> wrote:

            > We conducted a search warrant of a residence in that
            > area. It resulted
            > in the recovery of a handgun and an arrest. We have
            > recovered five guns
            > in the past seven days in PSA 504, excellent work
            > from the community and
            > the officers assigned to that PSA. !!!!
            >

            > ____________ _________ _________ __
            >
            > From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
            NE

            > On the way home 16th Street
            NE (Between Levis and
            > Oates) was blocked by
            > a series of cars including a police car. Since this
            > is a drug area, and
            > there's been gun incidents, what happened today?
            >

            > Robby
            >

            > "Always give your best, never get discouraged, never
            > be petty; always
            > remember, others may hate you, but those who hate
            > you don't win unless
            > you hate them, and then you destroy yourself."
            > - President Richard M. Nixon
            > (Farewell to the White House Staff - August 9, 1974)

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

          • khenderson029@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 7, 2007

            • khenderson029@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 7, 2007
                Excellent work indeed!

              • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 7, 2007

                  INFORMATION—THE FIFTH DISTRICT ARRESTED SIX OFFENDERS FOR ATTEMPTING TO SOLICIT PROSTITUTION TODAY; WE ARE ATTACKING THIS PROBLEM FROM ALL ANGLES!!!

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
                    This is great news to hear!!! It's the perfect time to send a strong
                    message to those indivuals that partake in these activities that we
                    are coming up on a new year soon, and it's only going to get harder
                    for them to behave in such manner in our neighborhoods.

                    Good job for the support/service you guys are carrying out!!!

                    --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar \(MPD\)"
                    <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

                    > INFORMATION-THE FIFTH DISTRICT ARRESTED SIX OFFENDERS FOR
                    ATTEMPTING TO
                    > SOLICIT PROSTITUTION TODAY; WE ARE ATTACKING THIS PROBLEM FROM ALL
                    > ANGLES!!!
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                    NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170>

                  • DCReardon@AOL.COM
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
                      Does this mean you arrested the johns or the ladies?

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007

                        We had arrest for both the ladies and the johns on yesterday.

                        Captain L.F.West

                        Fifth District

                        Office (202) (698-0122)

                        Cell    (202) (425-2059)

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007

                          These were the Johns!!!

                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
                            I agree with "Islandbling"; this is great news! Keep up the good work. With our combined efforts this community will be one of the safest in the city. Gone are the days of acquiescence to this type of behavior. We deserve increased public safety and will not tolerate crime of any kind.

                            Sincerely,

                            Kathy