16th Street NE

  • RobbyCU
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007
      On the way home 16th Street  NE (Between Levis and Oates) was blocked by a series of cars including a police car. Since this is a drug area, and there's been gun incidents, what happened today?

      Robby

      "Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself."
      - President Richard M. Nixon
      (Farewell to the White House Staff - August 9, 1974)
    • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007

        Yesterday the Gun Recovery unit has hit the Trinidad area and recovered two guns so far – they will continue to be in the area such as below (you will see both uniformed and plain clothes officers working in your area)

        DIANE C GROOMES

        Assistant Chief of Police

        801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

        202 576-6660 office

        202-996-3386 pager

        diane.groomes@...

        On the way home  16th Street  NE (Between Levis and Oates) was blocked by a series of cars including a police car. Since this is a drug area, and there's been gun incidents, what happened today?

        Robby

        "Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself."
        - President Richard M. Nixon
        (Farewell to the White House Staff - August 9, 1974)

      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 6, 2007

          We conducted a search warrant of a residence in that area.  It resulted in the recovery of a handgun and an arrest.  We have recovered five guns in the past seven days in PSA 504, excellent work from the community and the officers assigned to that PSA.  !!!!

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 6, 2007
            Do you mean that if citizens tell the police they
            suspect firearms or drugs at a certain address that
            the police will have probable cause and the right to
            search the premises? I don't think most DC residents
            know how the law works. Would be nice to see a list of
            infractions that instigate probable cause. Thanks.

            --- "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

            > We conducted a search warrant of a residence in that
            > area. It resulted
            > in the recovery of a handgun and an arrest. We have
            > recovered five guns
            > in the past seven days in PSA 504, excellent work
            > from the community and
            > the officers assigned to that PSA. !!!!
            >

            > ________________________________

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 6, 2007

              No, that is not what I meant, sorry if I confused you.  Citizens have been calling when they hear the sounds of gun shots.  We respond and prepare reports of what was found.  We then analyze the information and deploy the Gun Unit, Vice patrols and uniform patrols to those areas.  We have begun recovering weapons from criminals in those areas.  (Probable cause to do a search warrants requires much more) But the citizen calls give us a better indication where to patrol and look for suspects with guns!!!

              --- "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov> wrote:

              > We conducted a search warrant of a residence in that
              > area. It resulted
              > in the recovery of a handgun and an arrest. We have
              > recovered five guns
              > in the past seven days in PSA 504, excellent work
              > from the community and
              > the officers assigned to that PSA. !!!!
              >

              > ____________ _________ _________ __
              >
              > From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
              NE

              > On the way home 16th Street
              NE (Between Levis and
              > Oates) was blocked by
              > a series of cars including a police car. Since this
              > is a drug area, and
              > there's been gun incidents, what happened today?
              >

              > Robby
              >

              > "Always give your best, never get discouraged, never
              > be petty; always
              > remember, others may hate you, but those who hate
              > you don't win unless
              > you hate them, and then you destroy yourself."
              > - President Richard M. Nixon
              > (Farewell to the White House Staff - August 9, 1974)

              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

            • khenderson029@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 7, 2007

              • khenderson029@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 7, 2007
                  Excellent work indeed!

                • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 7, 2007

                    INFORMATION—THE FIFTH DISTRICT ARRESTED SIX OFFENDERS FOR ATTEMPTING TO SOLICIT PROSTITUTION TODAY; WE ARE ATTACKING THIS PROBLEM FROM ALL ANGLES!!!

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
                      This is great news to hear!!! It's the perfect time to send a strong
                      message to those indivuals that partake in these activities that we
                      are coming up on a new year soon, and it's only going to get harder
                      for them to behave in such manner in our neighborhoods.

                      Good job for the support/service you guys are carrying out!!!

                      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar \(MPD\)"
                      <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

                      > INFORMATION-THE FIFTH DISTRICT ARRESTED SIX OFFENDERS FOR
                      ATTEMPTING TO
                      > SOLICIT PROSTITUTION TODAY; WE ARE ATTACKING THIS PROBLEM FROM ALL
                      > ANGLES!!!
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                      NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170>

                    • DCReardon@AOL.COM
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
                        Does this mean you arrested the johns or the ladies?

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007

                          We had arrest for both the ladies and the johns on yesterday.

                          Captain L.F.West

                          Fifth District

                          Office (202) (698-0122)

                          Cell    (202) (425-2059)

                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007

                            These were the Johns!!!

                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
                              I agree with "Islandbling"; this is great news! Keep up the good work. With our combined efforts this community will be one of the safest in the city. Gone are the days of acquiescence to this type of behavior. We deserve increased public safety and will not tolerate crime of any kind.

                              Sincerely,

                              Kathy