Re: [MPD-5D] Car and bikes stolen

  • Doug Coleman
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
      Kimberly,

      I have live in DC since 1983 when I came to attend college.

      I supported my education as a bike messenger in NYC (my former home) and DC as well.

      Bicycles are one of the most COMMONLY stolen items.

      Because of this, during my years of living here, I have always kept my bikes in my house even if they took too much space because they are an appealing target.

      Thieve like an easy score. An unlocked bike in a yard would count as this.

      I was not attacking the sender, I was merely educating them.

      DC
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
        Good Evening All:

        Unfortunately, we are moving into the holiday season and property crimes are likely to increase according to Commander Greene. The 5B10 community experiences significant increases in property crimes every year around this time. It is quite common for people to steal items from backyards, front porches, cars, homes etc. My neighbor's weed trimmer was stolen two days ago from his backyard after he left it unattended for fifteen minutes. Of course this shouldn't happen, but it does and we are all reminded to take reasonable precautions to secure our property,

        Not too long ago we were given the opportunity to purchase the "Club" through our PSA for $13.00. Will there be an opportunity in the near future for citizens to take advantage of the group discount process to purchase a "Club" at our respective PSA meetings?

        Kathy