Gun Recovery Program

  • arodeojock@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Commander, Thank you for this news. Every gun off our streets is one less chance someone else will be gunned down. You and your officers are doing great work and your attention to our concerns is heartening.

      Could you take a moment and explain exactly what this program is and how it works? (Unless I missed it earlier this week!)

      --Patick

      �Those who would renegotiate the boundaries between church and state must therefore answer a difficult question: Why would we trade a system that has served us so well for one that has served others so poorly?�
      - Sandra Day O'Connor, Van Orden v. Perry and McCreary County v. ACLU

      From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>

      TO THE 5D COMMUNITY, THE NEW GUN RECOVERY UNIT IS UP AND RUNNING.  TWO GUNS WERE RECOVERED RESULTING IN ONE ARREST FROM TRINIDAD LAST NIGHT WITH SEVERAL SUBJECTS STOPPED THROUGHOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD; THIS IS AN EXCELLENT INITIATIVE AND SHOULD MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY. THEY WERE ALSO BUSY IN THE LANGSTON CARVER AREA AS WELL BUT DID NOT RECOVER A WEAPON!!!

      .