Police Matters

  • RobbyCU
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2007
      Hello:

      Lately the list has been consumed, and rightfully so, with prostitution, gunfire and murder, but I want to ask about the smaller crimes. I've had to to call the police several times lately about children actually jumping in front of cars while the cars are driving.  When I say children I mean 7-14 year old boys.  It's a kinda dare game, but since my car weighs over 2000 lbs, the average 65 to 110lbs kid doesn't stand a chance.

      Can MPD increase patrols around the Trinidad Rec Center, Queen, Holbrook, and Childress?  If not a child will die. I thank God that I have an old Volvo with good breaks.

       BTW The Trinidad DC List's e-mail the address is TrinidadDC@yahoogroups.com for those non police conversations, or more in depth discussions. If you want to be a member of the list you can e-mail me. I am the moderator.

      Thank you,
      -Robby Mann-Thompson

      "Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself."
      - President Richard M. Nixon
      (Farewell to the White House Staff - August 9, 1974)
    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2007
        Thanks Robert for raising this serious issue. Halloween is tomorrow and we do not want this dangerous behavior to escalate. The Fifth District and the Arboretum Recreation Center are cohosting a Halloween party tomorrow and buses will pick up any child in our area that wants to participate. I am helping disseminate flyers to children and their parents as a viable alternative to being in the streets tomorrow. Would you be willing to help distribute flyers.

        The buses will pick up children from 17th Street between K and L Streets and from 17th and M Streets. Please check with Fayette Vaughn-Lee for information regarding additional boarding sites.

        Everyone on this LISTSERV should consider directing children to the 5D-Arboretum Recreation Center party for a safe alternative to being in the streets tomorrow.

        Sincerely,

        Kathy

      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007

          TO THE 5D COMMUNITY, THE NEW GUN RECOVERY UNIT IS UP AND RUNNING.  TWO GUNS WERE RECOVERED RESULTING IN ONE ARREST FROM TRINIDAD LAST NIGHT WITH SEVERAL SUBJECTS STOPPED THROUGHOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD; THIS IS AN EXCELLENT INITIATIVE AND SHOULD MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY. THEY WERE ALSO BUSY IN THE LANGSTON CARVER AREA AS WELL BUT DID NOT RECOVER A WEAPON!!!